Ordering Mac Palette over phone

Traversant

Hi guys! Ok so I saw in a couple of threads here that you can order a MAC Pro Palette over the phone if you do not have a store near you, without being a Pro member. I tried this but the woman I spoke to told me I absolutely can not order it without a PPID.

I told her that I know of some people who aren't Pro members and have ordered it, but she said the order form she was using online for me would not let her continue without a PPID. I asked her if she could get a manager or someone to double check this but she refused.. so can anyone tell me what's going on, is this a new rule, do you actually have to be a Pro member, or am I getting screwed over?

erine1881

she obviously doesn't know what she's talking about, or is new to the job. there are no products that require you to have a pro card to purchase. i would call again and hope that you get a different person.

that or call a freestanding or pro store and order direct from them. i'm not sure what their shipping costs are tho.

janelovesyou

That doesn't sound right at all.
But I have a freestanding store, so I'll get you some if you want.
Where are you in GA btw?

Lizzie

Try calling again (and hope you get someone else). You don't need a pro card to order over the phone.

TDoll

You can buy them at the MAC store in Perimeter Mall. The girl there said that was the only place in GA you could actually buy them. But call back if you cant make it there b/c you can ABSOLUTELY order anything without the pro card. You just don't get the discount.

Traversant

Thanks for the info everyone! Anyways at this point I have to wait for my next paycheck
ssad.gif
But I will let you know janelovesyou if I can't order one via telephone and need your help. That's so sweet!
th_worship.gif

(I'm in Warner Robins/Centerville)

twilightessence

I don't know how much quads are (I think $4.50) but I know the palettes are $12 or $12.50. I should look for my receipt from when I went to the store.. LOL. After looking on eBay and online sales I always thought they were like $20 but they're only $12...

nibjet

That happened to me a month ago, and I called back a week later, got a different representative, and ordered 2 palettes with no problem.

concertina

It depends on the 1800 number you call. If you call the standard Pro line, then yes, the employee was correct and you CANNOT order from that number.

If you call this number: 1800-387-6707, then you CAN order.

M.A.C. head.

Yes, you CAN order them without a pro membership.

And I'm floored that she refused to let you speak to manager upon request! Was there a number for the call? Like when the automated system says "This call may be recorded for quality purposes..." etc and they give you a number. If you wrote it down you should call CS and talk to someone about that.

nibjet

When I called my lady said "Ok, what's your PPID number." and I told her I didn't have one and her response was "Well then you aren't allowed to order from MAC Pro." and I hung up and posted over in the FAQ thread, lol

MUALindsay

So it's 4:20 CST on a FRIDAY and I call and they say they'll have to call me back, almost like they are closed??? What the heck?!

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlvrGrndM99
So it's 4:20 CST on a FRIDAY and I call and they say they'll have to call me back, almost like they are closed??? What the heck?!

that's because they are closed. their hours are m-th 8-5 and fri 9-4.

MUALindsay

I'm not sure if these are CST or EST, I called a little after 8 (CST), on a Monday they answered. I got my order the following Thursday!
smiles.gif