Ornamentalism Preview!

AlliSwan

So I went to order my holiday stuff (they were supposed to call me when they got the preorder stuff in, but alas, no call--good thing I stopped by) and got the Olive and Magenta brush sets, Olive and Magenta Treasure sets, Olive Lip palette, and the Magenta Eye palette--EEP! So excited! And my birthday is the 25th so it's going to be the best BDay present to myself ever. I never get the holiday stuff, so I went a little crazy.

ANYWAY....The MA knows I'm an addict, so she pulled out the Ornamentalism stuff, saying, "mum's the word," but I'm ruling that this site is an exception.

Shadows: Mystical Myst--great purple, but nothing REALLY new from existing shades. Sensualize--really cool color, it's a little like Banshee in the sense that it's hard to tell if it's warm because of the main shade, or cool because of the silver frost. Wishful--a lot like Dazzlelight, I didn't get a chance to test them side by side, but it was really pretty and a lot lighter than the Color Stories pic. Didn't see Blue Absinthe.

Lipglass: Adventurous--kinda ho-hum, looks like Damzel but a little darker/warmer, darker than the CS pic. Didn't see Luxuriate (grr) and the other two are repros.

Lipstick: Romanced--really pretty nude, pink undertones, probably too pale for most girlies. Tassie Bright--it's bright all right, too bright red for me, but a killer color. Satiate was too intense and Hipster was too dark (for me), didn't see Overly Plum.

Glitz Gloss: Foreign Intrigue--Christmas in a lipgloss. SO hot. Like Dorothy's ruby red slippers. I want this, even if I only wear it one night.

Sheer Shimmer powder& Blush: Nothing to write home about, I think the CS pics are reversed, the blush was kinda ruddy and the SSP was really pale beige.

I just realized I bounced before she unpacked the pearlizers! ARGH! The girl did have other customers to attend to, and it was really cool of her to let me glimpse what I could. Just counting the days now!

absolut_blonde

Thanks for the info! Romanced sounds nice. Too bad you didn't get to see Luxuriate, that's the one that I've been interestedin too.

User20

Your making me want to get a glitz gloss lol.........I'm hoping I can holdout on this collection mostly though, even if I've been looking foreward to it for some time

thegirlgotsoul

Foreign Intrigue sounds AMAZING.

I cannot WAIT for this stuff to come out on Thursday!!!

smiles.gif

AlliSwan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyKitty
Then I don't need Wishful... Dazzlelight wasn't pretty on me.

PK, the jury may still be out on the comparison. If I end up getting it, I will try to swatch them for you bc I know you phone in your orders. If I remember correctly, it was a lot less yellow than Dazzlelight.

Juneplum

Quote:
Originally Posted by absolut_blonde
Thanks for the info! Romanced sounds nice. Too bad you didn't get to see Luxuriate, that's the one that I've been interestedin too.

i got this on saturday.. i'll take pics later so u can see it.. it's GORGEOUS!!

PrettyKitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juneplum
i got this on saturday.. i'll take pics later so u can see it.. it's GORGEOUS!!

Oh yeah take pics!!

maryb74

I just actually bought Luxuriate tonight, and oh my god, I'm loving it. I'm becoming an addict..agghhh..
smiles.gif

mspixieears

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryb74
I just actually bought Luxuriate tonight, and oh my god, I'm loving it. I'm becoming an addict..agghhh..
smiles.gif

Please do tell! What's it like?! It's the only definite on my MAC shopping list for the moment.

maryb74

I tried to take a picture but still really haven't figured out the digital camera.. It's like a very see thru coral/nude type color. The MA described it as the J-Lo nude lip with a little more shine.. It's just really pretty, I really liked Oh Baby, and she said this one doesn't have as much brown in it. I know, this was the most random description ever, but just take my word for it, you'll love it..
smiles.gif

aznsmurfy

gah, i was going to buy luxuriate until i realized it looks like everyother lipglass/gloss/varnish i own! i pulled out varnesh lacquer to compare and varnessh looked way better. just my opinion tho
greengrin.gif
i thought the adventerous was kind of nice, quiet a bit like damzel but daker and cranberrier.
greengrin.gif
but yeah, fun fun and thanks for the info on the stuff!
greengrin.gif

Latest posts