Outer V Help

Renee73

Do you have any helpful tricks on placing eyeshadow on the outer v part of the eye NEATLY?

I've used different brushes but still it looks so messy. I can't seem to make it look like a "V" it just looks like a blob of color.

Thanks for your help!

MACBunny

Not that I am a master at the whole "outer V" thing...

But last time I was at MAC, the MA recommended the #259 (i.e. the big square) brush to do a precise outer V. It is on my list to buy--looks like it would solve my problems, lol. Has anyone used this brush for it?

Another technique I've seen is to use an index card or Kleenex to cover up part of your face (like a stencil) so you have a real precise V line. Haven't tried this either--I'm still a newbie! HTH.

jackie

Sometimes for me, the best thing to use is my little finger and then blend like heck, but that creates more of a smokey outer V not a precise line.

scrapbookromance

is the outer V supposed to go from the top of your eye and around to the bottom? or is it a sideways V on the outside of your lid? (pardon my ignorance.)

Rowan

I think the outer "v" meant the sideways "v" on the outer part of the lid/crease.
smiles.gif

I don't know if how I apply e/s to the outer "v" is the easiest, but it's been the most precise way for me to do it. I was having trouble getting the e/s just in the "v" part until I started doing it this way. I take my #266 wedge brush and then draw a little "v" of color in that area, then fill in with the #219 pencil brush, & then blend. After I am done applying all my e/s for the look I want, I go over everything with my #217 brush to make sure everything is blended together. If you don't want to go through all that rigamarole, then try using just the #219 and a blending brush. I have read that lots of people here use those for the outer "v".

MAC_Pixie04

i dont have one, but i fake one with my 266 brush. my eyelids are small and flat, no defined crease etc...so i make mine lol