Outgrowing Helmer. My updated vanity and storage

ThePowderPuff

This was my old vanity solution: http://www.specktra.net/forum/thread/154468/my-new-vanity-i-m-in-looooove but I have quickly outgrown Helmer and have now bought Alex instead from IKEA. The rest looks pretty much the same, but I am taking the chance to show you everything.

I wanted an old hollywood style mirror, but the cost many 1000 dollars, so instead I got a cheap Kolja mirror from IKEA with one Musik lamp from IKEA on either side. It gives sort of the same effect. The table is the small Leksvik also from IKEA and the stool is from Kartell.

My storage is Alex from IKEA.

Here's what it looks like on the inside. I have mostly used the Glis boxes from IKEA. When you use the large ones the small ones fit on the side if you cut away the small hinges on the side (on the shallow drawers they can just stick out on either side). And the large Glis boxes are wonderful because they have small dividers on the inside.

I have used the drawer padding stuff from the kitchen department in IKEA to put in the drawers to keep my stuff from sliding. It works amazing. My nail polishes stand tall no matter what.

Drawer 1: Nail polish and the small Glis boxes from IKEA with nail stuff and small and slim nail polishes that wont stand up.

Drawer 2: Everyday stuff, again the Glis boxes

Drawer 3: MSF's, bronzers, large blushes and non-MAC blushes

Drawer 4: NARS. Need to buy more NARS!

Drawer 5: Eyestuff

Drawer 6: MAC blushes, palettes (yay, the DVD holder fit in the drawer!) mineralize eyeshadows and more). I have used some kitchen drawer divider modules for this. They're from a danish manufacturer.

Drawer 7: Lip stuff

Drawer 8 & 9 are test and storage drawers for all the stuff and press releases that I am testing at the moment for my blog.

And look at the best part. Plenty of room for expanding :-D

Thanks for looking :)

ElvenEyes

I was thinking the same thing...expansion! But I also love your collection and how you have it stored and ready for more as they trickle in! The NARS drawer and anything pink always grabs my eye! Love it!

Busttamuv3

love it!
yahoo.gif