Outgrowing my Storage :(

dramatEYES

Just a few months ago I got the 10 drawer thing from Office Depot to store all my make-up (you know...the plastic one that everyone and their mother has) but I've quickly filled it up. It's about time to get a bigger storage unit and I know y'all have some AWESOME set-ups.

I'm looking for something preferably NOT plastic. Black or white, with drawers tall enough to stand up lipsticks and maybe nail polishes? I'm not on a budget, really, so throw whatever you've got at me!

TIA ladies :)

nursie

i love jewelry armoires for makeup storage. there are everywhere now. a few places i can think of: jcpenney,target,pier 1, furniture stores.

DILLIGAF

The Helmer unit at IKEA... comes in white and in two sizes the smaller one is called the VIKA Helmer.

mae13

If you have floor space, I'm a HUGE fan of the Alex module units.

http://www.ikea.com/ca/en/search/?query=alex

ElvenEyes

Probably one of the best investments you can make would be a bureau. The drawers are strong enough to hold things, spacious enough to categorize (one for lips, one for face, one for eyes, one for nailpolish, one for miscellaneous items), it keeps dust out completely as opposed to the plastic drawers, you can put other things on top of the flat surface like a lamp, mirror, cute items, brushes, etc., keeps things streamlined AND if you ever cut down on makeup you can always, always use the drawers for clothing, pocket books, etc. type storage or just about anything else, like magazine, paperback books, and so on. I am in the process of selling off a large part of my tarot collection. A lot of my makeup will then be put into these drawers...right now they are other bureau drawers and I love it. I do use all those plastic organizational things to keeps things in place and to prevent any spillage onto the wood of the drawers. Hope this helps!

WhatWouldJoanDo

My husband had a great idea to consider a mechanics tool chest. You can get small form factor (not a huge garage type one) but the drawers are 20 inches deep and the drawers fully extend. Even you can spray paint it any colour you want. It will allow you to spread everything out so you can see it all. Even make a work area out of the top of the chest, or make a drawer into a work area. They are strong enough to hold tools. The drawers are smooth to pull out. You'll want to line all the drawers in a non-skid matting/drawer mats that are non-skid.

cheers!

xo

something like this with wheels. 20" deep about 30-40" high. if you are willing to pay companies will customize them for you.

Just a few months ago I got the 10 drawer thing from Office Depot to store all my make-up (you know...the plastic one that everyone and their mother has) but I've quickly filled it up. It's about time to get a bigger storage unit and I know y'all have some AWESOME set-ups.

I'm looking for something preferably NOT plastic. Black or white, with drawers tall enough to stand up lipsticks and maybe nail polishes? I'm not on a budget, really, so throw whatever you've got at me!

TIA ladies :)

Latest posts