Overcharging ebayers

dangerousmuffins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambi
And isn't it against PayPal's TOS to ask your customers to pay for the fees? My friend got her accont deleted/suspended[?] for asking the buyers to cover the fees.

Not sure about Paypal's TOS, but eBay you can. I think!
smiles.gif
Like I said, it's very simple - if you don't like the price - don't buy it.

Ambi - this is not directed towards you - there's a saying that goes something like this - "people want it all for free"

debsjc

Quote:
Originally Posted by ledonatella
Actually if you file a complaint about ridiculous shipping they will put a stop to it. It just takes a while. I did it for 2 sellers I knew of who would put something BIN for $.01 and then like $24 shipping. Which they were doing to avoid paying ebay fees. To me if you want to sell on ebay it's you're choice and you're responsibility to pay the (small) fees for doing so, not the buyers responsibility. Also, in the case of people charging like $9 to ship an eyeshadow and sending it first class in a (not even bubble) envelope and the postage clearly says, $1.50. or whatever, filing a complaint works to (there is a specific form for this if I can find the link I'll post it). Like I said it just takes time so keep at it.

I did actually file a complaint, about someone who charged me over 3 times the actual shipping cost of a MAC palette, and ebay did nothing. Maybe it just depends on which ebay staff member deals with it, but I am an experienced ebay with over 900 feedbacks 100% postitive and I had no luck.

ledonatella

Quote:
Originally Posted by debsjc
I did actually file a complaint, about someone who charged me over 3 times the actual shipping cost of a MAC palette, and ebay did nothing. Maybe it just depends on which ebay staff member deals with it, but I am an experienced ebay with over 900 feedbacks 100% postitive and I had no luck.

Oh, well sorry about that. I think too it depends on how many complaints they get. If it's one person complaining one time they might not even notice it, but if it's alot of peole complaining over many auctions (as was the case with the ones I did) they had to take notice. Not that it makes it better but think about how much mail they probably get on a day and I'm sure the more "red flags" on a name the more they notice, that's why I said keep at it.

And I agree too about not bidding if you think the prices are crazy, we do have the choice to say no. I will not bid on an item with crazy shipping. I also agree that adding a little to cover the cost of supply's is ok, but it's really not that much. Bubble envelopes are like $2.99 for a pack of 3 at Target and tape is $1.99 for a whole roll (I just bought stuff yesterday...ha ha), gas is expensive but most people don't travel over 15 miles to their P.O. (notice I said most, I know there are exceptions) so all in all that's like $3-4 extra if that. Even if you ship Priority Mail with DC for something small like an eyeshadow the most it should be with all the handling I mentioned is around $7 and that's pushing it.