Overgrown vs. Bitter?

Ada

Can anyone compare these two? Are they pretty much the exact same color? How about finish-- I find Bitter kind of chalky and uneven to apply-- is Overgrown smoother and more pigmented? TIA.

BlahWah

Ha! That was kinda freaky, cuz I couldn't remember starting this post. My name's Ada, btw. =P

I just saw Overgrown in person today and, though they didn't have Bitter to compare, the MA said Overgrown's a Satin which should be much easier to apply. Overgrown is also not as bright (I'm guessing she's referring to the yellow in Bitter) so perhaps more useable for most. Perhaps someone who's seen both in person can confirm/comment?

HTH!

On a side note, they said something about Bitter not being available to dept. store counters, only at the MAC stores. Has anyone else heard about this?

Shawna

Overgrown looked so yellowish in the swatches to me, but when I saw it today, it has way more green tones to it. I think it might be more workable than bitter. In fact, when I got it home and depotted and just happened to put it into my green/blue palette, it looks very similar to lucky green without the sparkly finish. I actually mixed the two up briefly
blush-anim-cl.gif

pushhupsindrag

overgrown was more yellowish, and i LOVE bitter but its so similar. so i would recommend if you have bitter than its not like a must have cause i think they are too similar to really matter. but thats just my opinion.

anuy

i have bitter but i ended up getting overgrown.. it's much lighter and less bright... its a really pretty soft, shimmery green. it DOES remind me of lucky green.

Pushpa

overgown has more of a yeloow look to it and it is smoother

they go on about the same but overgrown works in layers not as chalky as bitter

bitter is brighter

jmvuitton

Bitter on left, overgrown right. I had to pack on bitter to get it that bright but only swiped overgrown once.

100_6225.jpg