P90x

vica

has anyone tried or is currently using p90x? i used to go to the gym a few times a week to run and weight train but i had no clue what machines to work out with and how much i should do. then the holidays came around, i stopped going and gluttony set in.lol. my brother bought the p90x for himself but he's too lazy to use it so i decided to commit my 3 months to it and see how my body looks, since im currently not in school, looking for a job and i dont have gas money to take myself to the gym (haha). i dont really have a lot of weight to lose.. people would say im skinny but i have this doughnut around my tummy located on top of the pantyline and it gives me a muffin top even without wearing pants! in my opinion, i just dont feel fit/toned. im only on my second week right now and its NOT EASY but it seriously works out every single muscle in my body. im so freakin sore but i can already see a difference... ONE line of ab on my tummy haha! i cant wait to see how my body looks in 90 days because ive never had abs. ill post pictures to show my progress in 90 days when im done with the program...

nebbish

We have it, but I've never used it.
WELL I did the 15min abs work out or whatever. HARD AS EFF, holy shit.
If you actually get through all 90 days, giiiirl you deserve a metal! & You're a bit of an inspo, too, like I have no reason not to get off my ass & start using it!! lol.

I think it's intense as shit & I think it really works, just based on *how* intense it is. My only qualm is that it doesn't give your muscles time to heal themselves [which is why you're so sore] and I'm not sure that's a good thing.

Def keep us updated so we can see how it goes!!

vica

i read the book that came with it like 50 times lol. and it basically says that everyday you alternate with a low resistance workout (yoga, stretching etc.) and a high intensity workout (weight training arms, legs, chest..etc.) for 3 weeks , then the 4th week is for your muscles to recover so theres a lot of yoga and stretching the last week.... then the next two months are the same format but focusing on different areas so there is no plateau and youre just continually improving in those 3 months. but yes i agree that it is INTENSE as hell...i have a hard time getting up just to start but it feels good when im done. im probably just really really sore because im not fit at all so im not used to doing more than 1 push up or crunch..haha. but i will deff keep everyone updated on this crazy ass journey!!
smiles.gif

Zephyra

My fiance and his roommate did P90X together every day for months...it was intense. My fiance is a super multisport athlete and thought the workouts were hard. I watched them one time and was rolling on the floor laughing, but I don't think I could have made it through the workout. They finally broke down and joined a gym together because they got sick of working out in their living room every night. If you can make it through 90 days, I'm betting you will see results!!!

On a slightly related note, If there is someone at your gym to show you how to use the equipment, see if they'll spend a few minutes showing you how to adjust each machine. I know I was much happier working out after I learned how to adjust all the machines to fit me and how to pick appropriate weight levels, and it's nice to change it up. Group exercise classes can also be fun if your gym has them...I've learned a ton of techniques that way, too.

myzleelee

i have been eyeing this system for a very long time i think im just going to go ahead and get it. i tried looking on ebay but i think im just going to order through the company. i also want the insanity system
yes.gif

krijsten

I got it, well my boyfriend does! Maybe I'll try it out! Yikes.. Goodluck to everyone whos doing it!

tdm

I started 2 weeks ago....but I am starting over. I missed the last 3 days of the 2nd week
th_dunno.gif

I will tell you though, if you get bored with it, you can atleast try it a couple of times a week. They really give you a great work out. I tried the Core Cardio from the Power 90 Master Series last night and was literally dripping sweat. That was a great workout.

Please do post pics if you finish the program, or let us know how it went. I am trying to loose baby fat. My son is almost 3 months old. I still look 6 months prego
cry.gif
. I will post my progress as well. Since starting, I have lost 3 lbs.

vica

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zephyra
My fiance and his roommate did P90X together every day for months...it was intense. My fiance is a super multisport athlete and thought the workouts were hard. I watched them one time and was rolling on the floor laughing, but I don't think I could have made it through the workout. They finally broke down and joined a gym together because they got sick of working out in their living room every night. If you can make it through 90 days, I'm betting you will see results!!!

On a slightly related note, If there is someone at your gym to show you how to use the equipment, see if they'll spend a few minutes showing you how to adjust each machine. I know I was much happier working out after I learned how to adjust all the machines to fit me and how to pick appropriate weight levels, and it's nice to change it up. Group exercise classes can also be fun if your gym has them...I've learned a ton of techniques that way, too.

i laughed all the way through kenpo x because it made me feel dorky but i was still sore the next day! lol.

vica

Quote:
Originally Posted by myzleelee
i have been eyeing this system for a very long time i think im just going to go ahead and get it. i tried looking on ebay but i think im just going to order through the company. i also want the insanity system
yes.gif

keep us updated when you do start the system! .. but what is the insanity system? ive never heard of it

kaliraksha

I've had two friends who have stuck with it for at least one set of the 90 days and they've both lost over 30 lbs. Seems to work, but it is tough.

barbie.doll

I haven't tried this but I did see the infomercial on TV and I also looked up reviews online and on YT. It looks great, but it would definitely burn me out. lol. I use The Firm program right now and I really like it so far.

InspiredBlue

I've seen may positive reviews on this. I have it, but I don't have the equipment to do the weight training parts. I've been wanting to get into a routine of doing the yoga every weekend though.

Almond_Eyed

I just did the Chest and Back video and it completely obliterated me... definitely not for the faint of heart. I was sore for five days after doing that one video so doing every video every day for 90 days would be super intense...

I'm usually skeptical about exercise infomercials but I think it's worth trying if you have the will power to keep going, haha. You can find the workout sheets and video torrents online, they're not hard to find.

InspiredBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almond_Eyed
I'm usually skeptical about exercise infomercials but I think it's worth trying if you have the will power to keep going, haha. You can find the workout sheets and video torrents online, they're not hard to find.

Yeah, but usually it's not so popular to post about illegal stuff on boards. Shhh..
angelic.gif
th_wink3.gif

COBI

Quote:
Originally Posted by nebbish
My only qualm is that it doesn't give your muscles time to heal themselves [which is why you're so sore] and I'm not sure that's a good thing.

The reason people get sore isn't due to muscles not having time to heal.

Improvement in any muscle function comes from stressing and recovering. The soreness is typically caused by microscopic tears in the muscles from working out (i.e. stressing), you feel the soreness (Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness or DOMS) as your body is healing/recovering the muscle.

With each recovery cycle, your muscles are growing and adapting for your regimen.

Stressing every other day should not be a concern for the average healthy person. And it is the intense and continuous stressing that makes programs like P90X successful for people. There is a reason why most people who have been doing the same thing (low-to-moderate intensity activity) for a long time look exactly the same as they did last year and the year before.

If you don't push past your comfort zone and challenge your body, it won't significantly improve. Which is fine if that's your goal, but I can't tell you how many people ask me to set them up on a routine because they're not seeing results.