Packing makeup for a vacation - help please

SpringDancer

I am going on a vacation for 5 days (
choochoo.gif
)...
I am going to be travelling by bus. The drive is quite a long one (about 6 hours).

I tried to gather some basic makeup stuff (that's so hard!). I figured out I'll take:
Primer
Foundation
Concealer
Powder
An eyeshadow quad
A single brow bone highlighter eyeshadow
2 cream eyeshadows - as bases
Eyeliner
Eye pencil
Brow pencil
Brow gel
Blush
Bronzer
2-3 lipsticks
1-2 lipglosses

Am I taking too much?
Do you think putting my makeup bag in my trolley - that'll be in the bus baggage - is too risky? I was going to take quite a small handbag with me on the bus, but I wonder if the baggage compartment may be too hot (it's extremely hot where I'm going - I'll be moving from 30C/86F to 42C/108F)?

Also, I'm not sure which colors to take in my eyeshadow quad. I want a summer-y "beach babe" look
pretty.gif
but I want to take colors that could be used for different looks, both day and night ones.
I thought I'd take Evening Aura, Magnetic Fields, Amber Lights, and I'm I haven't decided on the fourth color - I think it'll be either Woodwinked or All That Glitters.
The other colors I have that can be used in a pallette are: Jest, Satin Taupe, Sable, Steamy, Scene, Shale, Star Violet, Trax, Falling Star, Expensive Pink, Blackberry, Neutral Pink, Modest Tone, Vex, Sumptuous Olive, Fiction, Club, Nocturnelle.
I'd love some feedback on the quad or other suggestions for a quad. Thanks!

Mabelle

i think you should be fine to keep your makeup under the bus. The only thing i would be worried about getting damaged is the eyeshadows. i woudl keep the quad in my purse.

purrtykitty

You may also want to keep the lipliner, eyeliner, cream shadows and lipsticks with you so they don't melt. The dry items should be fine under the bus.

ms_bloom

I agree, at the very least I would take all creamy products with me on the bus, as well as anything breakable or potentially spillable, i.e., foundation in a glass bottle. Actually if it was me I'd take it all on the bus
smiles.gif

I think you should take as much makeup as you think you need because it would be annoying to want something and not have it with you! Having said that, I would personally cut down to one cream eyeshadow as a base and add a brow highlight colour as the fourth shadow for your quad. I'm not sure what your skintone is but from your list possibilities would be: Vex, All That Glitters, Neutral Pink, not sure but maybe also Jest or Expensive Pink? And I'd choose either the eyeliner or the eye pencil.

Shaquille

pud the breakable stuff (quad, blushes, bronzer, etc) in the box (if you still have it) and add extra protection in a padded envelope/bubble wrap.

SpringDancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms_bloom
I agree, at the very least I would take all creamy products with me on the bus, as well as anything breakable or potentially spillable, i.e., foundation in a glass bottle. Actually if it was me I'd take it all on the bus
smiles.gif

I think I will end up taking all of the products with me, it would be too much of a mess packing 2 makeup bags...

Latest posts