Paint color help!!!

dizzygoo82

I recently bought a house with my boyfriend. I've started decorating the house and have already painted a few rooms.

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone could give me some ideas! As soon as you walk in the house there is a small entryway and to the right is a small hallway to the spare bedrooms. We just painted the hallway a yellow color (the name of the color is field of daisies) So obviously it's a bright fun yellow color. What color should I paint the entryway to compliment the yellow hallway? Also the entryway is leading into the living/dining room which is very open.

lol.gif

cupcake_x

Would you consider striped walls? Maybe even white walls with yellow polka dots, to kind of "connect" the rooms?

striped+yellow+white+walls+ceilings.jpg

purrtykitty

You could do a caramel color. I did our bedroom in a color like that and it looks so rich, warm and inviting.
yes.gif

tara_hearts

^ i agree with a kinda caramel color. My hallway is a shade called 'peanut butter' and it leads into a bedroom that is a golden/yellow, looks really good

xsnowwhite

I love color so i would do a fun green color to go with the yellow. a nice springy green, but not lime.

BEA2LS

i just did my bedroom a bright yellow
smiles.gif
mine is called joyous and it is bright but not neon.. i added baby blue acccents, which toned down the color but still looked vibrant.

purrtykitty

If you wanted to do something mod, you could do a warm gray. I SIL did her bathroom in white and gray and it looks friggin' awesome.