Paint "exploding"?

courters

So I just bought my first paint yesterday (Chiaroscuro) at a CCO. I tried using it this morning and when I squeezed it, a little bit of paint kind of exploded out the top and landed in the sink. The same thing happened the second time I squeezed it. I had to squeeze it A LOT in between these little explosions. I squeezed it a little bit more and it looks like it may be coming out alright now - I was just wondering if this is normal? Or did I get a bad one?

The bits that exploded out seemed drier than when I have tested paints at the store.

aeni

Sounds like it's old or had a bad mixture/seperated in there. Watercolors and oil paints for art do the same thing - they either dry out or seperate. I'd return it if you could.

Aussiechick28

I had this happen to me once and then it was totally fine. It didn't happen again, and the paint itself seems to be ok.

DOLLface

When I bought my paint that happened the first couple times I used it, it was fine after that though.

productjunkie

All u have to do is unfold the top of the paint... not to sure if ur going to understand this without seeing it. Its just like a tube of toothpaste theres the spout end and then the other end... take the other end and unfold it once and it will probably be fine.
hope this helps.

ginger9

Try putting it in the fridge before you use it again. There's an old thread about Paints oozing...anyway, I had problems with paint oozing and I noticed it's especially prominent when the weather is warm. The paint expands but there's no where for it to go, hence the oozing or exploding. Try to cool it off by keeping it in the fridge for a while, see if that helps.

If it continues I'd take it back.

Latest posts