Paint lid down the drain

merleskaya

My drain ate my Untitled paint cap this morning. Though there's not a lot of paint left, there's enough that I'd rather not transfer it into a screw-top container; I'm afraid it will dry out before I can use it all. I'd appreciate any suggestions for improvising a cap for my Untitled.

merleskaya

knoxydoll

Glad press and seal wrap? I use it to keep acrylic paint from drying out on a pallette. Just make sure you press it right the way around and that its on a clean dry surface (so just rub the rim with a tissue or something.)

a914butterfly

maybe some aluminum foil tightly wrapped around the opening? maybe you can get a MUA to give you one off a tube that is almost empty at a counter thats on a tester?

prinzessin784

a plastic baggie will probably work best if you squeeze all the air out before you close it. Or you could take a tiny piece of tin foil and wrap it around the top to get a tight seal.

MAC_Whore

They probably won't have a replacement lid at a counter. They don't keep those on hand. If they do have one to offer, they would probably take it from a tester and ewwww to that. I would try saran wrap and seal it around the opening with one of those small rubber bands used for braces or braiding hair.
smiles.gif

LatinaRose

Go to MAC, tell them what happened, and they should give you a lid off one of their B2M items if they received any paints that day. In fact, call first so you don't waste a trip. In the meantime, put it in a plastic baggie and make sure you squeeze all the air out.

Tubachick02

did you try taking off the trap under it? It is that j shaped thing, mine always fall in and get stuck there

Deirdre

I was just coming to suggest that Tubachick, and to share that I frequently drop things down my drain, gold earrings, a whole lipstick (cap on), my 239. If I couldn't take that trap apart, I'd spend a lot of time crying!

merleskaya

Thanks to everyone for the suggestions. I found a very small zip-loc bag that held some beads. The paint tube fits perfectly inside it. Next time I'm at MAC, I'll ask if they have any extra lids...I don't mind washing up one if they do.

I'm just going to have to adopt the habit of pulling the stopper up each morning when I'm doing makeup and jewelry; unfortunately, it's not the kind that comes out easily enough for me to retrieve whatever rolls on down. I consider myself lucky not to have lost any good jewelry up to this point!

merleskaya