Paint Pot Application

MAChostage

I've got a ton of paint pots and I'm somewhat disenchanted with them and hardly use them. The thing is, I've tried applying them with both my finger and a brush, and I can never get a satisfactory enough look with them. Sometimes I honestly think that maybe I'm expecting too much, LOL. I feel the same way about my MUFE Aqua Creams. I'm starting to think that I should just sell them all and avoid purchasing any more in the future.

How are you guys applying and wearing them? I know that a lot of people like to use them as bases for shadows but I'd prefer to use them on their own.

Teger

If you are using them on their own you should use a more sheer to medium layer to avoid creasing. With most cream-type eyeshadows you do this by applying sheer layers until you achieve the intensity you want; this will provide a more professional finish. Your method of application depends on if you are going for a precise look or not. For a base or wash of color you want to apply most of the color to the lid (or wherever you want the intensity) and quickly blend out the edges with either a blending brush (think 217) or your finger. If your going for a cut crease use a synthetic brush like a flat concealer brush. (I use the MUFE 5N) And even when you apply them intensely it's necessary to use a fluffy (224 would work) to even the color out. Aqua creams can become patchy looking if you use your fingers to blend (especially with darker shades) It's because the heat causes to set. Read: use brushes for aqua creams. And if all else fails dont hesitate to stop at a MAC counter/store or sephora. They should be more than happy to show you how to achieve what you want Hope this wasn't all verbatim knowledge for you.

glammy girl

Personally I don't ever wear my paint pots alone, I always use them as bases for other shadows to go over. Groundwork is my go to base and I use my fingers to just blend that out because it's pretty close to my skin tone but with other more visible colors, I use either a 242 or 217 to apply :) Hope you find a way to use them that you're happy with. All the best :)

martiangurll

I like to use a stiff eyebrow brush to transfer them from the "pot" to my fingers then I blend with my pinkie fingers and ring fingers. I apply in thin layers if I want to build up the color and sometimes use a q-tip, sponge applicator or another eyeshadow brush to buff them out. Fingers seem to work the best for me because they warm the product up a little so that it spreads out easily. I do not stick my fingers directly in the pot though, I do a clean transfer with a clean brush, the end of a Q-tip, or spatula. I almost always set them with powder product over the PP, but I have used them stand alone as well. The trickiest part for me is getting the layer very, very thin over my crease or they will crease and/or make my lid look wrinkly like crepe paper. WHICH I HATE!

HTH