paint pot question

Miss Redgal

i notice alot of people using paint pots? i havent quite gotten into them as of yet

my question? do u use a primer with it
and whats the purpose of the paint? - i notice people using the same if not similar eyeshadows to cover it up

im lost - help
nope.gif

BeautyPsycho

I personaly didn't like them because they creased on me within minutes, but you can use it over a primer, as a base, so your e/s will last longer and color will *pop* more. People like using the same shade for a base and e/s because the colors are going to be more vibrant and it's going to make some not so pigmented e/s look better. Also, you can use it for duochrome e/s to get different colors (for example old gold pigment over a black base will give you green color).
HTH!

MissCrystal

you can use a paint pot as a primer, or on top of eyeshadows or even by itself ... and with mac paints can be used the same way but a lot of people use it as a primer ... u can also use UDPP with the paint pots to if you want

hope that helped lol im not good at explaining products

gildedangel

I use paint pots as a base, for me it keeps my eyeshadow from creasing and makes the color pop more. Paints do the same thing in a different formula, they are great for helping a color to pop. For example it can be hard to get pink to show up, so the use of a pink under it can help the color to show up. Paints are more liquidy and paint pots are creamy. You can use a primer with paint pots if you would like, especially if paint pots crease on you.

hello_my_apple

i use a paintpot as a base, my fav painpot is constructivist and Groundwork. i use constructivist as a shadow ALL the time.

anita22

I use Paintpots as a primer, and they hold up really well on me even though I have oily skin.
I also wear them alone, or in different combinations. They're especially good if I want something that can be applied really fast or without brushes, or if I need my eye makeup to last through exceptional conditions (e.g. heat). Yesterday it was boiling hot here, I wore Bare Study & Indianwood paint pots and I was out in the sun all afternoon, when I got home it hadn't budged at all.

Susanne

I use paint pot as a coloured base, but wear an e/s primer under it.

primer + paint pot + eyeshadow

This works very well for me although I have really oily lids
yes.gif

chiara

I use them as a primer/base. They make my eye shadows stay on perfectly all day long and make the color pop. I usually use bare study, but if I want the e/s color to pop even more I'll use a color similar to the shadow, like using fresco rose with pink e/s or delph with teal e/s.

Elusive21

I use paint pots as primers, And then if I really want my eyeshadow color to POP, I use a shadestick on top of the paint pot color before I apply eyeshadow.

cheetz

Hi ladies
winkiss.gif

I want to try paint pots but i'm confused which one suit best for me, im NC37-NC40, and the choice is between painterly or Soft Ochre? What i wand is for nude finish so i can wear any kind of colors.

Which one that suit me best?
Thank you ladies.

Retropinuplady

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheetz
Thank you honey..

Off to MAC store to get Soft Ochre
th_DANCE.gif

I'm off to get soft ochre tommorrow, is it wrong to be excited? lol
choochoo.gif

mac_addict.gif

Caderas

i use UDPP and then a light layer of my paintpot because of my oily lids! i only own Delft as of now, but hope to try Painterly, etc.. to try a neutral and see how that holds up.
smiles.gif

Miss Redgal

what would be a great rec for me im a nc45

another question in my quest for paint pots is?????
are they interchangable with gel pots used for gel liners?

summerblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheetz
Hi ladies
winkiss.gif

I want to try paint pots but i'm confused which one suit best for me, im NC37-NC40, and the choice is between painterly or Soft Ochre? What i wand is for nude finish so i can wear any kind of colors.

Which one that suit me best?
Thank you ladies.

Here's my experience so maybe it will help you & others.
I'm an NC 30 with a strong yellow undertone & from everything I've read, I had no doubt that Soft Ochre would be best suited for me. When I went to MAC, I was advised by the SA that the problem with the Soft Ochre is that it has a tendency to change shadow color because of it's yellow undertone. So, I put Soft Ochre on one clean (I was prepared!) eyelid & Painterly on the other & wore them home. I wore them for about 6 hours & was blown away at the way this product adhered to my lids w/o any fading or creasing. (FYI, I don't have oily lids & as such, I would not need an add'l. eye primer to increase it's longevity or to prevent creasing.)
Before I washed it off, to confirm what the SA said, I applied a bluish teal mineral shadow to both lids &, yes, the SA was indeed correct -- the eye w/ Painterly presented truer (although it had a very slight color degradation than if applied alone) & the eye with the Soft Ochre turned the e/s a greenish teal.
Additionally, when worn alone the Soft Ochre was extremely light on my NC 30 skin -- say, the equivalent of a bisque color. On the hand, Painterly with no yellow undertone presented as a light nude on my skin & brought out my hazel eye color more.
So if I'm an NC 30 & Painterly was best suited to produce a nude finish on me with negligible e/s color change, then I'd say you should check this one out as well as the darker, nudish paint pots & paints like Untitled. Best thing to do is apply before you buy.
HTH!