Paint pots.

joygasm

I'm guessing the only way to make colors pop and stay in play are paint pots?

I just got a purple eyeshadow.

And I'm doing this smokey look, but the purple doesn't pop like i want it to.

so paint pots are my best bet ya?

I use a normal skintone eyeshadow primer before any of my shadows.

So basically I'm asking if I should use a paintpot, or are there other things out there I can use? :]

Heiaken

You can also use paints, Bare Study is a good multiporpose base, aslo I think Macroviolet f/l would work too.

aimee

fresco rose paint pot (perm) - mid tone pink with matching pearl (frost)

girl friendly paint pot (LE Fafi) - like painterly just kind of mauvey (matte)

painterly paint pot (perm) - nude beige (cream)
bare study paint pot (perm) - champagne with gold and white pearl (Frost)

joygasm

Thanks for all of the options
greengrin.gif

Kiss and Makeup

Another good fluidline is Ultraviolet. It's a vibrant, slightly shimmery purple. Really pretty
smiles.gif

There's a purple Paint called Artjam that works really well too. I use this a lot under my purples.

emeraldjewels

I also want to add that I love using beige-ing shadestick for this, it really makes the colours 'pop'. Maybe you could go to a mac store/counter and try different one out before you buy one.

glamqueen1

I use Fresco Rose p/p under my violet eyeshadows, and also under the pink ones. It's permanent, but mind, I never do really dark eyes, it's great for mid-tone e/s.

joygasm

I've actually used the MUFE cream primer stuff idk what its called haha. I use it in a white and it seems to make my colors more opaque.

Modmom

You could also use a white pencil. NYX milk has good reviews. I'm using UD 24/7 in Yeyo under blue and grey shadow today and it's really made the colors vivid.

Nicala

You can always get a purple one to make blue eyeshadow pop. I ordered my NYX jumbo pencil online from mscuppycakes.com
I got a black one, too. But where we recently moved, theres a store that sells NYX, and they have thye jumbo pencils too. Wooo! Check your local mall and see if you can a store called Amuse.
smiles.gif

Makeup Emporium

Quote:
Originally Posted by joygasm
Yeah I've been trying to get a hold of nyx in milk but sold out everywhere I go.
ssad.gif

You can find it on EBay pretty cheap!

joygasm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makeup Emporium
You can find it on EBay pretty cheap!

I'm skeptical about anything from ebay since they're always faking stuff
ssad.gif

Laurie

For a smokey eye, I almost ALWAYS use Blackground p/p.. And over Blackground, purple looks gorgeoussssss!!!!

Latest posts