Paintpots As A Blush Base

macchristyy

Hello all my MAC addicts!

Im so excited because i have a new trick
yes.gif
ive been using paintpots as a blush base and it makes my blush lasts wayyyy longer than blush by itself! I use Rubenesque for peachy toned blushes and Perky for rosey ones. Painterly is also a good one without the extra frosty look. Ive only been doing this for a couple of days and im very happy with the outcome. It lasts all day. It also makes the color POP.
thmbup.gif

but do you think this will cause me to break out? im scared that i might be hurting my face and clogging my poors w/o knowing it! im not an expert with ingredients so i dont really know if their okay on the skin but if its okay for the eyes then its okay for the face right? i hope!

i just think this is a great trick for everyone to try because we all know powder blush doesnt last as long as we want them to

BYE LOVELYS
winkiss.gif

EDIT: so its been 2 weeks of doing this trick and im guessing its okay for the skin. i havnt broken out AT ALL and my skin is pretty sensitive/oily durring the summer time. im glad i helped some people out! yay now our blushes can stay on forever!
yahoo.gif

nadiya

I heard about this too! I think you can do the same thing using cream blushes though.

bartp

hi, I've been using paint pots for theatre makeup all over the face. They are great for lining, shading, highlighting, and so far I haven't heard of any people complaining about breakouts.

However, I do recommend them to use a good oil based make up remover on their face. (and then a good foaming cleanser). I have even used paint pots to line lips (they don't feather like other lipliners do). Paint pots are so versatile for theatre makeup that I couldn't go without them.

BlahWah

I used Perky as a base for Hipness but stopped b/c I love Perky to much to see it disappear too fast, lol. I didn't think about using the other ones tho. Thanks for sharing!

FiestyFemme

I think if your skin isn't super sensitive or acne-prone, you'd probably be okay. My skin is both, and I can only imagine what using a Paint Pot on my face would do. I prefer cream blush if I want to layer for more staying power. It's an interesting idea though!

mizuki~

I've heard of this recently too but am too scared to try it because I'm very acne-prone. It already sounds like a bad idea for my skin >__<

GlamYOURUs

Rubenesque!

But you should try it out and see how it works for you. If you don't try it, you will never know right?

macchristyy

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadiya
I heard about this too! I think you can do the same thing using cream blushes though.

yea that is true. i just thought its just another way of using your powder blushes so they last longer for some who dont own any cream blushes like myself (i am still on the lookout for the right one!)
thmbup.gif

nadiya

^^ I was actually inspired to try this yesterday with my Ladyblush Blushcreme and it does work! I think it would be interesting to try with something like Perky though.

Face2Mac

I think I will try it tomorrow because even though you could use cream blushes, if you have oily skin, cream blushes are a no-no. I can get away with a cream blush if it is kind of dry, like cheap rimmel, but anything creamier will become a pink-peach-golden HAM.

pennybeau

That's such a good idea!

What I've been doing is using Maybelline Mousse Blush as a base since it is very light and sparkly.

I couldn't imagine using a Cream Blush as a base just because they show up so pigmented on my skin no matter how little I put on or how much I buff it out.

V2LUCKY

Sounds interesting, my blushes never stay on for too long, so how would you apply it? (with which brush?)

macchristyy

Quote:
Originally Posted by V2LUCKY
Sounds interesting, my blushes never stay on for too long, so how would you apply it? (with which brush?)

i just apply it with my fingers. i find this way the easiest. since i can blend it really well rather than using a brush. but if you have to, you can also apply a small dab on your cheeks with your fingers and then buff it out with a flat top buffer brush or with a kabuki brush (a brush that has a lot of "give" to it so you can really blend the color out). so im sure that will work too
thmbup.gif
remember the littlest amount is all you need!