paintpots vs Aqua creams?

Diva4eva122

what do you think, I dont own paintpots or Aqua creams because I have heard tooo many stories on cream products drying up too quickly, but now Im starting to cave. Which would be a better product to invest in a few?

User38

you should really try them irl to see which you like more.

start out by purchasing the colours you will use on a daily basis only.

if stored properly, that means lids on tight, neither will dry out quickly.... and both brands are excellent for the product range.

Diva4eva122

I think I am going to purchase MAC paintpot in quite bare and Aqua cream in number 14 two everyday shades so i can compare an contrast

LMD84

personally i prefer the aqua creams but that is because they come in so many more colours, waterproof and also the fact that they are so long lasting. i do love mac paint pots but they are a little creamier so therefore on my oil lids end up creasing after many hours of wear. but i think i could sleep in an aqua cream and it still wouldn't crease!

Diva4eva122

with paintpots is it better to use a primer with them or will that defeat the purpose? Also Aqua creams do just a thin layer on your eye do the trick or is it something you have to build to get the color you want

Shadowy Lady

It depends really for me. None of the two crease on me so I don't need a primer with them. I prefer paint pots for more neutral shades (Painterly is my HG primer, on my 4th jar now) and Aqua Creams are great for fun colours. Still if I were to pick one I would go with paint pots just coz of painterly