Pairing eyeshadow colors

Whitney6195

Excuse this if its in the wrong section, wasn't sure where to put it!
smiles.gif

In the past few weeks I've become more open to actually using color in my eye makeup. Before now I've always been a neutrals kind of girl.
So, now that Ive opened up to a little color I have no idea what colors go with what, which pairs should be avoided..all that good stuff.

Is it based on personal preference? What about matching colors when it comes to clothing, is it okay to match your eye makeup to what you're wearing or is that a big no-no?
Please, some advice would be muchly appreciated
smiles.gif

Also what are some mac e/s pairs that you love?

L281173

Yes you can coordinate your makeup with colors that you are wearing they do not have to match exactly.

FiestyFemme

I'm not the queen of colorful eyeshadow by any means, but I do think it is based on personal preference. I pick what I think looks good together, and sometimes colors I don't think would go... you'd be surprised how things actually end up looking good sometimes. It's good to experiment! You can match to your clothes, but I generally don't, because it's just not me. If it ever happens, it's definitely coincidental.

My newest "colorful" pairing is Beautiful Iris on the lid, Club in the crease. It's really gorgeous!

DarkGlamourXO

Neutrals can always be paired with color for a pop. Like say you want to do a purple look. Wear the purple shadow all-over ur lid, a matte neutral like Carbon or Espresso through ur crease, and then highlight with a neutral shimmery shadow like Ricepaper or Nylon. Thats an easy way to make almost any brighter color work for u.

LC

you can literally close your eyes and point to two random shadows and make them work. I sometimes do that for fun when I'm not sure what colors to use for a FOTD

JM3535

Some people say never match make up to clothes but not me. I almost always do or at least keep them in the same color family.

silentstorm143

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitney6195
Excuse this if its in the wrong section, wasn't sure where to put it!
smiles.gif

In the past few weeks I've become more open to actually using color in my eye makeup. Before now I've always been a neutrals kind of girl.
So, now that Ive opened up to a little color I have no idea what colors go with what, which pairs should be avoided..all that good stuff.

Is it based on personal preference? What about matching colors when it comes to clothing, is it okay to match your eye makeup to what you're wearing or is that a big no-no?
Please, some advice would be muchly appreciated
smiles.gif

Also what are some mac e/s pairs that you love?

I LOVE bright eye shadows and truly feel that there arent colors that have to avoid others necessarily. Do some look better yes but its all about how you feel and what you like. As for matching to your clothes that is also up to you I personally tend to do what I want for the eyeshadow in spite of what I'm wearing. My suggestion is if you are interested in adding color try one with a neutral or do a grading effect within the same color like moons reflection freshwater or tilt then deep truth OR beautiful iris parfait amour and nocturnelle or satellite dreams then you can find what works for you and what you like/are comfortable with. Hope this helps.