Pale Beauty Recs!

RoCk_StAr_GiRl

Hey Ladies! I absoloutely love how Avril Lavigne looks in her new video (pic attached). I was wondering if anyone had any recs for MAC products/techniques to get this look? I was thinking maybe MAC Media for the lips? I have porcelin skin like her and usually don't go for such dramatic looks but think she looks stunning here and I'd love to try it out myself! I'm also really interested to hear any techniques to get my hair curly like this? I have naturally wavy hair and curl it using a wand regularly but always get more 'beachy' waves. Do you think a thinner wand would work better maybe? Thank you ;) xx

shellygrrl

Staff member
I think for the waves you'd need a waving iron, though you can also achieve that with a flat iron. Makeup-wise, you'd need black liner, obviously. Lots of, for both lashlines and waterlines. It doesn't look like she's got anything on her lids, but she definitely has something going on in the outer corner and crease. Can't tell if it's black or a very dark purple (something like Shadowy Lady (the eyeshadow, natch), perhaps?). Don't know about the lippie.

VampOwl

She does look gorgeous there! I have similar skin type, hair, etc. so I think I will re-create this look.

For lips, definitely check out either Mac Media or Hang Up. Hang Up is like Media, but a bit lighter with some shimmer so its more suitable for daytime.

If you are looking for a good foundation for really pale skin, I highly recommend Tarte Amazonian Clay Foundation in Fair (the lightest shade). I recently got it along with Tarte's foundation Bamboo brush and it applies airbrushed.

A great pale powder is Elude (from Mac's Gareth Pugh collection). It is currently in the "goodbye" section on Mac's website. It is a beautiful fair powder with fine shimmers that when applied alone or over foundation, gives a soft-focus effect. Its a real gem!