palest mexican ever, needs help with tanning

PerfectlyOdd

Hiya everyone,

So, I'm like the palest Mexican ever. I don't tan, i burn, and in 12 mins at that. I have to use spf50+. I love the spf80 one which I refer to as "Goth Block".

How can I get a good fake tank and not come out looking like a dirty umpa lumpa.

And then once I do look all exotic and sexy, what should I do about seasonal foundation. I don't really want to spend lots of money on foundation that I'm only gonna use for like 4 mos. Would like it to be medium coverage altho if I'm more tan maybe I could get away with a powder foundation, so yeah...

oh yeah, I'm nc15 in studio sculpt

palemexican.jpg

gildedangel

There are some great gradual tanning lotions like the Jergens one and there are others out there. Clinique makes some really great fake tan stuff but I find it to be a pain in the butt because I am lazy and don't feel like re-doing it every three days. I also tend to go out into the sun in 5 minute bouts a few times a day and I have gotten a lot darker without burning.
Seasonal foundation can be tricky. Since it is the summer powder is a great way to go, I love MAC's Studio Fix Powder. Try not to think about the cost as much if you go for powder because you could use it the next summer, and you could use it as a bronzer or contour color when you are pale. I hope that this helped!
smiles.gif

christinebezans

I am also a NC15 in studio sculpt, I hate being so pale in the summer, but lots of people consider it a classic look, and often say I have a nice complexion, and from the looks of it you do as well
winks.gif
Anyway, in the summer if I do want a quick tan I have experimented with several methods, here are a few;

1. Mystic Tan- Works great! Basically a booth you stand in and get sprayed with tanner while you rotate in a circle. You only have to go once to see results. You can continue going as many times as you like to achieve your desired results. Only down side is it can be kinda sticky initially and you have to wait a few hours to shower. Other than that no streaking or orange tone at all! I am not sure if you have a mystic tan near you, as i live in canada, but they can be found at tanning salons, so it might not be called that where you live, so maybe just look around to see at the tanning salons in your area. USually you can get a package deal, which gives you unlimited sessions, really worth it!

2. Drug Store Self Tanners- Depending on what you buy you can get some great results, you have to be very careful when applying this though, and thorough!!!! I cant stress that enough, Exfoliate and moisturize before applying. I recommend reading instructions on the internet first, so you don't end up with unwanted streaks or blotches, and make sure you wash your hands, LOL. The only downside is it is VERY time consuming and usually only lasts a few days to a week before you need to reapply. The brand i usually use is neutrogena, but experiment a bit till u find one you like, since they are only cost from $8-$12, so pretty decent.

3. Higher End Self Tanners- You can get these on the net or at a store like Sephora. These are more or less from my experience no better or worse then the drug store brands in all honesty, although my friend said mystik tan now makes a self tanning version available and from the looks of it it works! Only downside is if your on a budget it can be costly. I tried one specifically for the face and one for the body by Clarins, and personally I didn't see what the fuss was about especially since it cost almost $40 per bottle, too much!

4. Bronzer- This is just a very simple solution for your face but there are some you can spray on too, and if you do it properly it can give you that sun kissed glow you are looking for.

Anyway I hope this helped a little. As for inexpensive foundation/concealers after your done tanning. I used to just buy good ol' revlon cover up for the few months that I would actually use it. I find when I had a tan I used less cover up anyway.

I hope this helps a bit!

PerfectlyOdd

Yeah I'm torn between staying pale or actually getting some color. When it's hot my skin turns bright red, not pink, red! ok maybe fuchsia, that's like red/pink right?
tong.gif

I thought a light tan might help to blend out the undertones when I get a little flush. and that way I wouldn't have to wear as much make-up.

my face and legs are the only things that pretty much stay consistently pale and the rest of me is pretty pink and blotchy at that....
angry.gif

descisions descisions, thanks for the input tho!

Okami08

Tarte has a temporary bronzing lotion (Sephora: Tarte Sunburst Beaded Bronzing Lotion: Bronzer) that's called Sunburst. It washes off when you wash your face - something like that might give you an idea of whether you want to go the fake tan route. You can see what you'd look like with the tanner skin, and see whether you like the look, before you commit to one that doesn't just wash right off.

cupcake_x

I second Mystic Tan! With an at-home color you risk streaking and becoming orange much more easily than doing a salon spray tan.

stronqerx

First of all I think your skin color is beautiful. If you really want a nice glow/light tan, I say go for jergens! I am a light skin hispanic, nc20 (in winter), and then nc25 in summer (if i am lucky enough to get a tan,lol). I really enjoy using jergens on my legs cause they're the palest of my body (I've been told they look like they glow in the dark lmao). It gives you a nice glow, and a light tan. It doesn't look fake or orange or even streaky. I believe they got a face moisturizer as well.

kathyp

Another vote for Jergens. Generally, I don't like the look of a fake tan but it's subtler than most. I'm an N3/NW15 and I can get up to an NW20 with it.

I don't change my foundation in the summer. Instead I add a light bronzer, usually in place of blush. I have dark hair/fair skin, too, and it keeps me from looking too goth.

User38

I am very light hispanic also -- NC15 approx. I do not tan. Ever. Instead I use a good bronzer like the BB bronzers, or Stila no. 1. I also love the Guerlain Blonde Terracotta and the gel to simulate bronze. Problem is if I try to look too tan on my face, I lose coordination with my neck and shoulders.. lol. That looks weird
greengrin.gif

Latest posts