Palettes..

princessOfpOi

I'm planning to buy a couple of 15-pans when I go to the PRO store this month.
I'm fine with de-panning, but a discussion with a friend left us wondering whether once in the palette eyeshadows can be moved?
Is it a case of once they're in they're in? Or can they be moved about?

If not can anyone direct me to a supplier of strip magnets that I can cut up to put in the palette please?
greengrin.gif

misslilith

You can use a knife or something thin to get the pans out again. If you do this carefully the only thing that could happen are minor scratches in the bottom of the palette. But it´s quite easy.
Normally the Pans should stay in the palette without using another magnet. But if you want to go safe use a sticky strip magnet (choose a very thin one!)

Cool Kitten

i got my magnets at Office Max- i bought a pack of sticky magnets for business cards. I magnetize my e/s because they wobble a little if i put them in without magnets, so IMO it's safer to use magnets.

mskitchmas

have have little magnet circles on the backs of the pans (bought them at the craft store) i move them about all the time, cause i usually only travel with two 4 pan palettes. i switch the colors depending on the situation.

CrimsonCountess

I bought my magnetic squares at Michael's, which is a craft/hobby store. (don't know if you have Michael's in the UK) Anyway, the squares are great. I only had to cut a little to make them round to fit the pan. I depotted almost all of my eyeshadows. Now I have SEVERAL pots to use for B2M. As a matter of fact, I got Gleam (glaze) lipstick today!

sigwing

Sometimes you can get little ad type or business card type & size magnets for your fridge, or little magnet calendars, and some are really thin, that you can cut into squares to fit on the back of each pan. In fact, after I've depotted, there's enough gooey glue on the back of each pan that I just stick one of these on and the glue that's already there holds it on.

asnbrb

Quote:
Originally Posted by xceelynn
what do the magnets do?

The magnets hold the shadows in the palette, preventing them from shifting too much.

LadyLaundale

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHeartc0rex3
I thought you can buy 15-pan palettes at regular MAC stores. :confused: Is it only PRO stores now?
ssad.gif

15-pans are available at all freestanding and PRO stores.

princessOfpOi

Yes, they are sold at freestanding stores, I'm only going to the PRO store because the service there is impeccable in comparison to the freestanding in Covent Garden, I like PRO stuff, and my nearest freestanding is London so I may as well go to Soho. Thank you to everyone who replied.