Paperwork and Hours

MisStarrlight

My freelance paperwork took about 4 weeks, but my permanent paperwork was done in less than 2.

I started with 15 hours in September, but they just offered me a 20.5 hour position (3 months & I jumped two standard steps....18 & 20 hours)...so as long as you do everything you're supposed to & make your managers happy, you'll move up pretty quickly.

FacesbyNiki

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisStarrlight
My freelance paperwork took about 4 weeks, but my permanent paperwork was done in less than 2.

I started with 15 hours in September, but they just offered me a 20.5 hour position (3 months & I jumped two standard steps....18 & 20 hours)...so as long as you do everything you're supposed to & make your managers happy, you'll move up pretty quickly.

Now this is very true.

calbear

Congrats. It depends on the location and the circumstances regarding moving up and how quickly. You might be able to move up quickly if the stars align and all the right pieces fall into place ie. if your location even has hourly positions in some other increments, someone moves either up or out and your manager likes your work. Some locations don't offer some of those smaller positions. We are fully staffed at 21 employees but we have a few 15's, 20's, 25's, 30's and 35's. We never had an 18 and some places have a 28.

So I said all that to say - there is no set answer but with the right set of circumstances you can move up. Also some places give their employees more hours than their position for business needs ie holiday time, someone needs the day off and there are no freelancers. So everything is fluid ;-)

and once again congrats ;-)

PINKBAYB4U

im so happy my paperwork was finished in a week and i got the call with my hours for freelance i dont start till next week but now a permanent spot opened up for 26 hours and the manager offered me an interview for it ....its tomorrow so hopefully i get it. im much more interested in permanent than freelance
cheerleader.gif
cheerleader.gif

congrats again drea!

drea2447

That's awesome! I'm still waiting on my paperwork, but I'm sure it will be any day now. I went out last night and bought some more black clothes. I need to find some cute, yet comfy shoes. I also just want to be able to go and buy all the Jewelesent stuff that I want with my discount. I'm probably going to end up spending more money than I make.

Andrea