Parvo

ashleydenise

My puppy Tulah Belle has parvo, I'm so upset, I can't stop crying.

She's been sick for about 2 days, and we finally took her in to the vet tonight expecting her to have ate something (the nutcase chews on EVERYTHING) and have a blockage, but the vet just called me about an hour ago and said it's parvo =[

I'm just so upset cause I tried to do everything right, she didn't go out until her shots were all done, I was so careful with her, and now this. =[

She's going to be at the vet for 2-3 days. I just want my puppy back. Please pray for her! <3

xtiffineyx

th_hug.gif
I'll be thinking of you and her! Don't beat yourself up over this. They can still get Parvo even if they have been vaccinated. It's just one of those horrible things that sometimes happens
ssad.gif

I'm sure she'll pull through and everything will be fine! Keep us updated.

stacylynne

Awwww poor thing.
I can relate. My female dog, when she was a puppy. She was very sick they actually gave her 50/50 chance. After having her for only 3 days, she had an upper resp. infection, she was way too young.

The good news is; you would never know. Now, she's a terror. I love her more than anything.
Her name is Angel b/c we saved her & she had a tough couple of days & pulled through it.

I'm sure your puppy will pull through it & the good news is that she's being watched.

Sending love to your puppy
XOXOX

ashleydenise

My Tulah is doing so much better!! She's currently in the garage barking up a storm cause she wanted to come in with me lol

She came home last night!!! I have to give her Antibiotics for a week and anti nausea meds and an IV for 4 days.

The only thing that's i'm kinda worried about is she's turning up her nose to drinking water... But she's eating fine.... So I guess as long as I hook her up to the IV for the next 4 days, I'm not going to worry, but I'll talk to her vet later.

Thanks girls for all your prayers/thougths! <333

ashleydenise

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacylynne
Her name is Angel b/c we saved her & she had a tough couple of days & pulled through it.

I named my puppy Tulah b/c it means strength and we rescued her cause someone abandoned her on the side of the railroad tracks with her siblings. And I figured if she could get thru that, then she could be a strong pup!

She's proving herself good for her name! =]

k.a.t

Aw, glad Tulah's getting better! I know how upsetting it can be when pets get sick
ssad.gif
And Tulah's such a beautiful name! obivously having an effect on her
greengrin.gif

coachkitten

Sorry to hear about your pup but I am glad to hear that she is doing better. I will keep her in my thoughts for a speedy recovery!
smiles.gif

MxAxC-_ATTACK

I also wanted to add, horray for you for rescuing your little darling!

most of the parvo cases are because dogs are bought from pet stores, without fail almost always those dogs are sick with parvo

captodometer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MxAxC-_ATTACK
most of the parvo cases are because dogs are bought from pet stores, without fail almost always those dogs are sick with parvo

I'm a veterinarian; this isn't really true. Parvo persists in the environment, so it can basically be picked up anywhere that dogs have been. In theory it could persist inside a pet shop if the cleaning routine isn't so good. But the hygiene standard in most pet shops that I have seen is OK. And if it isn't, one outbreak of parvo cures the problem because all the puppies die and the shop is out a lot of money: they go out of business if they don't clean up their act. Most pet shop puppies with parvo pick it up outside the pet shop. I'm estimating that it's about 50/50 between at the breeder and at the new home. Puppies shouldn't be allowed on the ground where other dogs have been until 1-2 weeks after their vaccinations are finished; a lot of new owners unfortunately don't listen to this piece of advice.

The problem with puppies from pet shops is where they came from in the first place: puppy mills where the breeding is indiscriminate and living conditions are terrible. Pet shop puppies tend to be genetically not so great and stressed to boot: they are susceptible to just about everything under the sun. I've seen a lot more respiratory infections, ringworm, and genetic defects in pet shop puppies than parvo.

Puppies and kittens from pet shops are an absolute no
angry.gif

Glad that your puppy is doing better. Educated guess is that she is part Rottweiler/Doberman/Pit Bull/Staffordshire Terrier? These breeds are all more genetically susceptible to parvo than many other breeds.

Latest posts