Pat McGrath Beauty

Mac-Guy

The problem, at least for me, is not the alcohol per se, but the fact that we layer so much more products - and most of them contain drying ingredients. Our skin gets even more dryer and/or sensitized, so we buy the next soothing primer or serum. I really noticed a big difference in my skin when I switched to clean beauty, i.e. Drunk Elephant as my only skincare and Kjaer Weis and Westman Atelier as make up. I don't even need any primer. There is less irritation, no burning, no dry patches. I have to thank the crappy marketing and product development at MAC that I eventually looked into other brands. While the brands I choose are very expensive, I end up spending less money as the collections that are released are small and manageable. I miss the longevity of products, but not enough to switch back. I am hopeful that the clean beauty market will grow much bigger and more new products will be released in the near future.

Sugar & Spice

The problem, at least for me, is not the alcohol per se, but the fact that we layer so much more products - and most of them contain drying ingredients. Our skin gets even more dryer and/or sensitized, so we buy the next soothing primer or serum. I really noticed a big difference in my skin when I switched to clean beauty, i.e. Drunk Elephant as my only skincare and Kjaer Weis and Westman Atelier as make up. I don't even need any primer. There is less irritation, no burning, no dry patches. I have to thank the crappy marketing and product development at MAC that I eventually looked into other brands. While the brands I choose are very expensive, I end up spending less money as the collections that are released are small and manageable. I miss the longevity of products, but not enough to switch back. I am hopeful that the clean beauty market will grow much bigger and more new products will be released in the near future.
Yes I'm loving the results of clean skin-care and wish I would have started sooner. Unfortunately I can't go clean with make-up specifically foundation due to my skin/undertones being hard to match but I try to be selective in what I use which is why I'm so disappointed that Pat would have alcohol but as I stated, I get that she's more than likely using it to have the 12 hr wear time. However using the foundation on a daily bases can really be harmful in the long run especially if you don't be diligent in your skin-care.

Out of curiosity I'm still going to check it out and see if I have a match and by chance I'm blown away with the color match & coverage, I might get it but not wear it everyday and only on special occasions as it's getting really good reviews.

MaryJane

I was able to sample this over the weekend and am wearing it for the first time today. So far....it's love. The color matches almost perfectly, it was easy to blend and build up over problem areas, it's definitely skin-like and blurs like nothing I've ever tried. As long as my skin doesn't react badly to it, I think I'll be purchasing a full bottle.