Pat McGrath Beauty

elegant-one

Got mine today without warning. I mainly wanted the powder and it's gorgeous. I'm not a fan of the sequin packaging. It sticks to everything and there are random pieces of chunky glitter mixed in with the sequins that are my personal nightmare. :p But the products are beautiful!

Good to hear...except for the glitter lol

awickedshape

Got mine today without warning. I mainly wanted the powder and it's gorgeous. I'm not a fan of the sequin packaging. It sticks to everything and there are random pieces of chunky glitter mixed in with the sequins that are my personal nightmare. :p But the products are beautiful!

Lol

GreenEyedAllie

Good to hear...except for the glitter lol

image.jpg

They're here!!!!! And OMG they are so pretty! That combined with the apparent glitter bomb waiting inside makes me hesitate to open. Eeeeek!!!!

GreenEyedAllie

:wavey:I'm good, thank you! I wanted to stop buying so much makeup for a few months so the break from specktra was necessary :D How are you?

My highlighter is in my US PO box now, I can't wait to receive it!

I understand! At the rate I've gone recently, I may need a Specktra hiatus as well. I'm pretty good...just trying to get some experiments done in time to push out a paper.

Icecaramellatte

My packages were delivered today. I had the FedEx Delivery manager but nothing was on it. After I asked for info and received a tracking number something came up. Anyhow. I've been in the middle of cleaning so unable to do a face to test out the products. Hopefully, tomorrow. I did open it up and made a big mess. Sequins all over. Oh well. Love the look of them though.

Sabrunka

K I'm kinda in love with mine :p.

I tried to take the best pics possible, but it's so hard to capture the true color and reflects from the Pat McGrath pigment! In my photo, from top to bottom, are Colourpop Monster, Nude pigment, Balm from the stick duo, Highlighter from the stick duo.
As you can see, the Monster and Nude pigment are pretty close. It was hard to capture, but Monster has more of a white base where the Nude pigment has more of a transparent base. When it is on the skin, the Nude pigment is a bit more purpley and a LOT more reflective! It's also very finely milled, almost feels like you're applying nothing to your skin. The Colourpop one is a bit thicker and "cakey" in a way, but I feel like if you're on a budget then the Colourpop is the closest dupe you can get! I'm thinking I'm gonna stalk Sephora's website on Monday... I kinda need the gold.

pigment.jpg

GreenEyedAllie

K I'm kinda in love with mine :p.

I tried to take the best pics possible, but it's so hard to capture the true color and reflects from the Pat McGrath pigment! In my photo, from top to bottom, are Colourpop Monster, Nude pigment, Balm from the stick duo, Highlighter from the stick duo.
As you can see, the Monster and Nude pigment are pretty close. It was hard to capture, but Monster has more of a white base where the Nude pigment has more of a transparent base. When it is on the skin, the Nude pigment is a bit more purpley and a LOT more reflective! It's also very finely milled, almost feels like you're applying nothing to your skin. The Colourpop one is a bit thicker and "cakey" in a way, but I feel like if you're on a budget then the Colourpop is the closest dupe you can get! I'm thinking I'm gonna stalk Sephora's website on Monday... I kinda need the gold.

View attachment 53868

GORGEOUS!!! I still haven't cracked mine open, but I'm excited to.

MaryJane

These look interesting. From the few pics and videos I've seen, they look pretty intense. I prefer a subtle, more natural/glow and I don't think these will give me that. Also, shiny balm on my oily skin is a no-no.

Ingenue

Mine arrived with no warning (no shipment notification) on Saturday. Meh. I left a review on the blog. I need Miss McGrath to do better in the packaging department.
On the skin:
fotd-skin-fetish-gold.jpg
The highlight and pigment work fine on oily skin. The balm is a no go. The brush is a waste. The result is a very subtle glow (no shimmer. It's very 'skin-like') provided you use fingers and a light touch. A little goes a long way.

Ingenue

Can we talk about those damn SEQUINS? Ugh. I opened mine on a big ol' paper towel, and I still managed to find random ones tucked in corners all over the house. I think they stuck to me and I carried them around or something...

My packaging was terrible. How was yours? My labels are crooked and there are massive bubbles in them like someone just slapped 'em on in the dark. Really shoddy. I was highly upset about that. And I can't stand the brush. Honestly they could have done the highlight cream and the pigment (and drop the price by about $40 because the quality is on par with Becca) and been just fine. The balm and that brush are not needed.

awickedshape

Can we talk about those damn SEQUINS? Ugh. I opened mine on a big ol' paper towel, and I still managed to find random ones tucked in corners all over the house. I think they stuck to me and I carried them around or something...

My packaging was terrible. How was yours? My labels are crooked and there are massive bubbles in them like someone just slapped 'em on in the dark. Really shoddy. I was highly upset about that. And I can't stand the brush. Honestly they could have done the highlight cream and the pigment (and drop the price by about $40 because the quality is on par with Becca) and been just fine. The balm and that brush are not needed.

I read your review :)
Not sure I can justify these right now and I only want one of the three items in the pack

Last edited:

Sabrunka

I also somehow found you on Instagram by creeping around through the skin fetish hashtags and also read your review! I'm sorry you don't like them all too much :( I actually LOVE the brush, it's perfect for me and I also like it for lightly sweeping on blush! I can collect everyones brushes who doesn't want them, lol! I ordered gold today as well. BTW I shall follow you on Instagram! Just gotta find your posts again :D

Ingenue

I also somehow found you on Instagram by creeping around through the skin fetish hashtags and also read your review! I'm sorry you don't like them all too much :( I actually LOVE the brush, it's perfect for me and I also like it for lightly sweeping on blush! I can collect everyones brushes who doesn't want them, lol! I ordered gold today as well. BTW I shall follow you on Instagram! Just gotta find your posts again :D

Yeah that brush is a no go for me. I actually tried to use it to justify my hatred for it... and the hatred is justified. LOL! I like the pigment the best of the entire kit. I can do without the rest. I'm in the middle of a massive makeup dump so I have no love for anything mediocre. I don't care who makes it. I unloaded so much Chanel, Dior and NARS... it's not even funny. Thank goodness I didn't pay for all of it. I looked at the boxes last night and was like "I could buy a house with the retail value of this." Mess.

ETA: If you follow I'll follow back! Thanks!:yourock:

Last edited:

Latest posts