Payless is selling Cosmetics...

LatteQueen

and bath/body products...I was in one down in Philly today and noticed a little stand by itself with bath/body/cosmetics..The products look promising. The one cologne called Charmed smelled heavenly. Has anyone else on here seen this new venture of Payless? One line is called Zoe&Zack and the other is called Unforgettable Moments....

internetchick

I never set foot in Payless, so I hadn't heard about this. I may stop by just to look at the makeup. Not that I need anything. :/

They have this stuff online!

2browneyes

I saw their cosmetics....idk if I'm gonna try them tho. I did see one or two pretty l/g shades and they had a number of palettes. I guess today would be as good a time as any 2 try since the entire store is BOGO 1/2 off. Maybe I'll be brave and try something. I think the BOGO sale ends today so...I'll stop by there on my way home
smiles.gif

honybr

I can't help but wonder how the initial conversations at Payless Corporate around offering makeup even began. At least with the price if it sucks, you haven't lost too much money. I'll be interested in hearing reviews.

honybr

^^^Be sure and tell us what you think of them. I saw the swatches. They colors look decent.

standardseries

I am surprised, as well, to hear that they are offering cosmetics. I am saw the swatches and am interested to find out how they wear and last =)

2browneyes

Well, one down side is that they left a sticky, almost oily feeling on my arm when I washed the swatches off. I mean, I washed my arm with soap and warm water, rubbed with a good amount of pressure and did a few reps and was left with that sticky feeling. I thought about returning them just because of that but I think I'll wear one tomorrow so I can really test them out. I'll put a lil lip primer on first then the l/g so maybe that'll combat the sticky part when I take it off. Hope to have a more accurate review tomorrow
smiles.gif

2browneyes

I think overall, this was pretty okay. I still have a slight bit of gloss left on my lips and it's almost noon. I applied it round 715 this morning and since then I've had breakfast, coffee, a snack and just now finished lunch. I don't have that yucky sticky feeling that was left on my arm either. I think that's due to the lip conditioner I applied before the l/g. Overall, I think it's a fair buy. Not extremely impressed (a lil impressed that it's l/g from Payless with good quality) not totally bumbed either. I think it's worth the 2.99 if you see a shade you have to have or the 9.99 for 4 minis
smiles.gif
Let me know if anyone else tries them. I'd love to hear what others think. There are like 12 different shades so there's more than likely something for everyone.

honybr

That gloss looks good on you. The sticky factor is a concern for me though. I don't usually put anything under my lipgloss. Thanks for the update - I might have to check them out.

LatteQueen

POP....WOW THAT COLOR IS AB gorgeous on you....yeah I'm gonna have to try out some ....oh I can't, I made a thread on how I spend too much on cosmetics already....oh well...