• As of January 16, 2018, all posts in this section are moderated. Please engage with the community within the rest of the forums, remembering that you may not post your own tutorial links outside this section. Also remember to put your content in the proper space.

Tutorials posted outside this space will be removed. If you post a tutorial in this space and you don't make an effort to participate in the community outside this section, your post will be deleted.

Peachy Neutrals-Arena, Woodwinked, Embark

HotPinkHeels

Hi all-I did this tute with a few of my fave neutral colours-I like this look for work or going out on the weekend. Hope you enjoy!

Items used:
*Mac paint pot in Bare Study
*Mac Vanilla pigment
*Mac Arena e/s
*Mac Woodwinked e/s
*Mac Embark e/s
*Stila Kajal e/l
*Diorshow Blackout mascara

Star with a clean, fresh eye-here is mine eek!

001Bare.jpg

Apply a base to the entire surface of the lid. Make sure you cover from the lashline right up to the brown, with a thin even coat of base. I have used Mac Bare Study Paint Pot applied with my finger by gentle dabbing the product over the lid.

002Base.jpg

002Baseview.jpg

Next apply Mac Arena Eyeshadow all over the lid. Don't worry too much about your edges at this stage, as you will be blending other colours into it. Also don't go right into the inner corner, as we will need that space later. Take the colour up to the crease, and ensure that you don't have any gaps at the lashline.

003Lidcolour.jpg

Next apply Mac Vanilla pigment onto the brow bone, blending into Mac Arena .
004highlighta.jpg

Take a little extra pigment and blend into the inner corner of your eye. Wipe any excess under the eye with a tissue or cotton pad, as this can make the eyes look crepey and lined.

005innereye.jpg

Add Mac Woodwinked to the outer corner of your lid and up into your crease, blending into both Arena and Vanilla

006creasea.jpg

Take a 'bullet' brush (or contouring brush) and apply some Mac Embark eyeshadow To the very outer corner of your eye. Smudge just a little onto the outer 1/3 of your lower lashline.

007outereye.jpg

Apply Stila Kajal Liner in Tiger's Eyes to your inner lower lashline and waterliner, and your upper lashline. Blend gently with your finger.

008liner.jpg

008linerclosed.jpg

Add mascara, I used Diorshow Blackout which is fabulous!

009mascara.jpg

Simply add some blush and gloss, then you're ready to go! Mwah xx

010finished.jpg

010finished1.jpg

010finished2.jpg

HotPinkHeels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel Of Moon
so simple and great
greengrin.gif

good job .
i want that stila's kajal so bad but there's no stila here......
ssad.gif

That's a shame
ssad.gif
Too Faced Foiled Liners are nice and soft for a similar effect, or you could try Clinique cream shaper in Chocolate Lustre-which is my other go-to brown liner
smiles.gif

Thanks everyone
smiles.gif

HotPinkHeels

Quote:
Originally Posted by duch3ss25
This is simple yet gorgeous! Can you please tell me what you used on the lips? TIA

Sure, I used:
*The Body Shop ‘Beech’ lip liner
*Mac ‘Hug Me’ lipstick
*YSL Golden Gloss in #2

These are my go-to lip products, especially Hug Me-i love it!

jmac68

I love it! I am trying it today. Do you think Teddy would be an acceptable substitute for the liner?

HotPinkHeels

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmac68
I love it! I am trying it today. Do you think Teddy would be an acceptable substitute for the liner?

To bed honest I've never used Teddy before, but judging by the description on the Mac website i think it would work fine. Any deep bronzey-brown would work with these colour.

Thanks for everyones lovely comments
smiles.gif

Trace

That is really pretty! I love your lip color as well. Very nice - very well done!!
Trace'