Peacock inspired, Need Constructive Criticism

internetchick

To be honest, I am not sure how I feel about this eye. It is bold and vibrant, and I love all of the colors in it. Still, something is not quite right to me. Know what I mean? If you can put your finger on it, please let me know. I do think that I should have chosen a color other than gold for the tear duct, or maybe a lighter shade of gold.

Products used:
Urban Decay Primer Potion​
Urban Decay eyeshadow in Virgin (brow highlight)​
Sally Girl eyeshadow in Dark Aqua (crease)​
Sally Girl eyeshadow in Dark Green (lid, lower lash line)​
Sally Girl eyeshadow in Dark Purple (outer corner, outer lower lash line)​
Sally Girl eyeshadow in Sage (tear duct)​
Stila Kajal liner in Onyx (tighlined)​
MAC eyeshadow in Carbon (set liner, smudged in lash line)​
Laura Mercier Full Blown Volume mascara in Black​
Stila eyeshadow in Java (brows)​

kc8

I think it looks absolutely great. Maybe you're right that the gold near the tear duct could be a little lighter but I think it fits. I might use a different highlight color just because it doesn't really 'stand out' from the brightness of the rest of the eye. It could be the flash from the picure though.. But still very pretty.

Candy Christ

I love it, it's really pretty. Maybe you could add a little yellow with the gold? I'm not sure, I mean it looks great to me!

Meisje

It looks beautiful. Maybe you could add a color like Bitter --- some peacocks have a bright green.

ashleydenise

It's really pretty. as for CC, the only thing I would say is it's a lot of shimmer? Maybe some matte would look good thrown in there?

UnleashTheBats

CC: I agree with the above comment, there is alot of shimmer going on. I think you could try and add more depth to the look by adding a tiiiny bot of matte black into the outer crease, orr even a darker matte blue if you think black could be too much :)

UnleashTheBats

Most point and shoot digital cameras have a macro setting which is represented by a little flower symbol. Its used to take close up photos of things. You should give that a go.

astarael7

It looks really pretty to me, but I do agree a deep matte blue to deepen the outer corner would look great as well! :)

Staci Jay

Pretty look - I love these colors!

I really like BeccaslovesMAC's suggestion (cat eye liner on top), but I think if you try that you might want to do the waterline in something lighter - maybe even white.

internetchick

Thanks everybody!

UnleashTheBats, I did use the super macro setting. Are you meaning I should make the pictures bigger?

Latest posts