Peeling nails

choseck

My nails keep on peeling - I try to keep them short in hopes that they will grow out strong, but once they start growing they just start peeling. Can anyone recommend anything to stop this? My nails are so uneven that I can't even keep polish from chipping either.

Grr!

kimmy

i've been wondering this too. michie, do they have a website? i can't find anything on those products.
ssad.gif

Bedhead1988

opi do a range of treatment for dry,brittle,damaged,peeling , infact every type of nail ... i think the stuff is called nail envy or something like that xxx

Ms.Amaranthine

This is one of the many problems I have with my nails. I've used countless treatments and none of them really helped much. More recently, I started using that new Sally Hansen 4-in-1 treatment. I got it for $11 at Walgreens. I've noticed a difference in my nails after only a few days of using it. My nails are a lot stronger. It seems to smooth out the surface and harden them. Even when they started to break and chip, I put some on and it kept them from breaking further. I've also noticed that my nail polish lasts a lot longer. For all it does, $11 is a good price. It's at least worth a try, I think.

ratmist

OPI Nail Envy (original formula and Matte formula) works but you need to be religious about applying two coats daily.

Sometimes nails get brittle and start to peel. My parents are nurses and they worked with geriactric patients that have the yellow, peeling, crusting, brittle nails that we all know about. The secret to fighting it is ....

Jello.

I kid you not. Plain jello. Football players in the 1970s used to swear by it because it prevented their nails from getting weak.

I can attest that it was the only thing that kept my grandmother (and great-grandmother's) nails strong for years. She had it with dessert nearly every day, approximately 4 spoonfuls. Mamaw was a diabetic so she struggled with keeping her nutrition and sugar levels in check; sugar-free worked fine for her. When she was in the hospital, just before she died, the dieticians removed Jello from her diet. Her nails became very brittle and weak; they snapped and peeled with the slightest pressure. My dad got them to put Jello back on her diet, and her nails eventually became as they always were - strong, white and beautiful.

Other things should be noted though. She was in hospital, so she didn't have her fingers in water all the time. That helps too. She didn't receive must moisturisation on her hands though, but that helps me.

Latest posts