Penultimate and shadow transfer

Mabelle

After reading many rave reviews, i hauled ass over to mac and bought the penultimate. I'm pretty happy with it. It's precise. It's quite black (blacker than blacktrack anyway). It stays put. It dries quickly. However!!! my eyeshadow seems to rub off onto it!! I does this to the point where there's a med. amount of colour covering the liner. It's super annoying. Has this happened to anyone else? Any tricks to prevent it?

I don't recall this happening with blacktrack or with liquid lasts.

It does however happen with hip cream liners!

Thanks

BunnyBunnyBunny

That has not happened to me! Do you use a base for your eyeshadow? I use Paint Pots/Paints and my shadows never transfer over the liner!
ssad.gif

vocaltest

penultimate is crap. this is one of the many reasons i hate that stupid stick thing. so glad i sold it. maybe try udpp.

Swirlgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaireAvril
i find it hard to use the penultimate over shadows. I am not fond of that thing.

Ditto. Try fluidline - - it goes on much smoother.

X4biddenxLustX

I find that I get transfer from any kind of e/l that I use that involves a brush.

Not sure how to avoid it though or get rid of it, sorry!

kariii

I line with regular pencil liner then go over it with penultimate and wing the end! This stays on till I take it off. Only thing I've found that works for me and also the e/l doesn't transfer to ur lid

Mabelle

^ OHHHH! thank you
smiles.gif

I'll try that tomorrow!! I'll let everyone know how it works for me. I'm also stopping by MAC tomorrow, so i might ask them if they have any tips. Thanks!

Mabelle

Well, i tried the pencil liner followed by the penultimate, and it didnt work.
BUT i think it has to do with the shadow finished. I had been wearing
Meuseum Bronze pigment and Bronze shadow A LOT lately (which are both frosty), and it always transfered onto my liner. Yesterday I wore Trax (V, and it looked great all day!
I think, for myself, i nee dto avoid frosts when wearing the penultimate.

Fataliya

I've never noticed before, actually.

Lately I've been using glitter liners over the Penultimate, so I know there's no shadow transfer with that.

andrrea

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaireAvril
i find it hard to use the penultimate over shadows. I am not fond of that thing.

Me too!!!!!

Babylard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fataliya
I've never noticed before, actually.

Lately I've been using glitter liners over the Penultimate, so I know there's no shadow transfer with that.

i think what she meant was that the eyeshadow on her lid rubs off onto the pen itself and stains it

andrrea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mabelle
^ OHHHH! thank you
smiles.gif

I'll try that tomorrow!! I'll let everyone know how it works for me. I'm also stopping by MAC tomorrow, so i might ask them if they have any tips. Thanks!

Did they have any tips for you??

Mabelle

Eh, she just said to set it with carbon, which i havent tried yet.

She said that someone from corporate had been by and asked about feedback concerning the penultimate. Apparently they had been hearing a lot of complaint about it turning grey on people.

And no, i didnt mean that it stains the pen. I meant that the shadow on my lid/crease seems to rub off onto the liner, and kind of cover it. Like i said, it seems to just be happening with frosts (so far). But it's really annoying!!

Babylard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mabelle
Eh, she just said to set it with carbon, which i havent tried yet.

She said that someone from corporate had been by and asked about feedback concerning the penultimate. Apparently they had been hearing a lot of complaint about it turning grey on people.

And no, i didnt mean that it stains the pen. I meant that the shadow on my lid/crease seems to rub off onto the liner, and kind of cover it. Like i said, it seems to just be happening with frosts (so far). But it's really annoying!!

oh that sucks... i wanted to get one because i've had a pen style eyeliner in the past... sometimes the shadow would stain my pen but i still really loved it hmm... i guess ill have to try it out anyways
th_dunno.gif

yodagirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by vocaltest
penultimate is crap. this is one of the many reasons i hate that stupid stick thing. so glad i sold it. maybe try udpp.

iagree.gif
I hated penultimate soooooo bad as well....I couldn't get rid of that damn thing fast enough
angry.gif