Penultimate Liner

bAbY_cHiCkEn01

Heya! How similar are the tips of the penultimate liner and the MAC liquid liner (as in the boot black one...) if that makes any sense? TIA!

falsefiction

i'm not sure i can answer your question exactly because i haven't owned mac liquid liner before, but penultimate is seriously my new best friend. worth every penny. it is pretty much the same pen felt tip artist pen type that you might use for illustration, so it is easy to make really thin or really thick lines with it. it makes liner so much easier...i was really bad with my top line and i struggled with getting it perfect, but the second time i used penultimate i was totally hooked and in love with it. the line is easy, fast and perfect. love.

M.A.C. head.

Good question, I just bought it and have yet to really try to use it. I swatched it on my hand though and it was glorious.

IvyTrini

Everyone should get this liner!!! It is seriously the best product brought out in a long time!! I just hope they bring them out in more colours!!!

It's simply amazing!

akcmommy

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.A.C. head.
Good question, I just bought it and have yet to really try to use it. I swatched it on my hand though and it was glorious.

On my hand, it was great. I cannot get it to work for me on my eye tho.
ssad.gif

Tinnsla

I really want to try it...like the idea of not having to make jet another brush dirty
winks.gif

Pretty useful as I play sports and don´t want to take a million different brushes with me every time I have to shower and get ready somewhere else than home...

Swirlgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by TISH1127
Not a repurchase for me

Same here.
It's alright, but UD 24/7 pencil in Zero is my absolute favorite black liner.

ABB113

I just bought mine today after having to call about 5 stores to find one in stock. I hope it works out well for me!

Ruby_Woo

The tips aren't comparable. The Boot Black tip is a stiff tip, while the one for penultimate is a bit softer.

I like penultimate liner because it is a really pitch black and super easy to get the cat liner look.

I read from Adlersmommy that it help up over night, and let me just say that it didnt for me
ssad.gif
I fell asleep with makeup (which I never do, but hey 4hr drive to Vegas does that to you!) and I woke up w/ a racoon face. I have really oily lids though! so yeah.

I recommend it to those who don't have a steady hand and like the winged out look.

BadBadGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss_bailey
In my opinion the Shiesido one is MILES better. You can buy refils for it!

Is it just as dark?

I bought this the day it came out and I LOVE it! I was going to buy Chanel's pen liner- but I decided to wait to see this one MAC put out. I'm happy I did.

stickles

I have both and I like em for different things. The boot black I use exclusively for tightlining, while penultimate really works well for a super-thin line or wing.