Perfect brown eyeliner?

c00ki312

I've come to the conclusion black is too harsh for me so I'd like to try brown for a more softer look...

any reccs for a brown? I've heard that MAC graphic brown is good. Or how about Stila smudgepots or clinique?...preferbly along the lines of a gel ink liner...

thanks guys X

Trista

One of my fave true brown gel eyeliners is MAC DipDown fluidline. If you want a dark brown eyeliner then Bobbi Brown gel liner in Espresso is gorgeous. For a brown that is not as warm I like Bobbi Brown gel eyeliner in Mahogany. HTH.

Ericita

You MUST try Bobbi Brown gel eyeliners. They are the best.
They have a wide range of shades so you will certainly find a brown you like.

erine1881

dipdown is a good dark brown. graphic brown is even better, but is was LE a LONG time ago. if you can find it, grab it! and don't let it go! that's why i have 3
winkiss.gif

matsubie

dipdown is good. as the previous gals have stated, the bobbi brown gel liners are great.

i know you asked for recs for gel liner but i recommend teddy eye kohl.

MiCHiE

I agree. When I don't feel like pulling out Graphic Brown, I use UD's 24/7 in "Bourbon".

KTB

I love Graphic Brown too but am ntrigued by the Bobbi Brown ones so I'll have to check those out.

Tonee

I like MAC Dip Down as well. Other shades to try out are BB Espresso/Chocolate Shimmer and Stila Brown - both are gel liners. My favorite is Clinique's Brush on Cream liner in Black Honey - an absolutely gorgeous shade. It's similar to a gel liner but slightly more creamy and therefore very easy to blend.

HTH!

Esme

I use DipDown when I want a softer look. I also get a nice brown with some of the Meow Mineral MU eyeshadows wetted down with saline solution like I use for my contacts! That is what I almost always use to wet everything except my MAC. MAC shadows don't seem to like saline solution so I use tap water for them.

SweetCheeks

I love MAC's Graphic Brown but want to love a Bobbi gel liner instead so I can find it a lot easier ... would Chocolate Shimmer be closest or Bronze Shimmer?

c00ki312

thanx for the reccs gals! i was gonna try graphic brown bt its LE.

have any of you tried stila smudgpots? i heard they were good as a base and liner?

ima check out BB but theyre way pricey here!

zzoester

I haven't tried BB before (sad, I know!) but I am in love with Dipdown fluidline by MAC, I think it's the best brown. Plus, I enjoy working with the fluidlines. My new favorite brown pencil is the Christian Dior waterproof eyeliner in Intense Brown. It goes on so smoothly so it's very blendable but then dries quickly...again, a perfect brown color (and it's waterproof, which I love).

Tonee

I have tried Stila Brown gel liner - it's a warm chocolate shade and is very easy to blend. Lasts a VERY long time, btw . There's a Bronze shade as well, it has a lot of gold shimmer in it and works well as an eye shadow too.

Kiseki

Honestly, if you want a gel creamy eyeliner, then definitely Bobbi Brown.
If you want other formula choices, then Quickliner for Eyes (Clinique), MAC's Eye Kohl in Teddy and Guerlain Terracotta Loose Powder Kohl, which is fabulous and has enormous staying power as well.