Petal Pushing look #4

MamaLaura

I wanted to do a smoky eye in this series, so here it is. Some may consider look #1 to fit the bill, because we all have different ideas of what a smoky eye is, but this look right here is what it is to me. For this look, I took the dark shimmery burgundy color and placed it at my upper lash line, and took it up a bit, almost do my crease. Then in my crease I used the shimmery mauve (similar to Trax by MAC). I blended it out with that more matte light purple. On my lower lash line, I used the shimmery periwinkle kind of color. I skipped falsies on this one.

For me, a smoky eye starts at the lash line with a very dark color. The darkest color you'll use in the look. Then it's blended up in a kind of gradient effect, going to a lighter shade.

You can view the rest of my series with this palette by checking out my blog. Link is in my signature.

Foundation & Concealer:
Graftobian HD Color Correction concealer palette
Graftobian Hi-Def Glamour Creme Super Palette - Neutral
MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural - Medium

Blush, Bronzer, etc:
Palladio mosaic bronzer
ELF contouring bronzer/blush duo (both sides as blush)

Eyeshadows:
Wet n Wild Petal Pusher Palette - Described above

Eyeliner & Mascara:
L'Oreal Voluminous Million Lashes
Beautique black pencil eyeliner

Eyebrows:
Maybelline blonde eyebrow pencil
MAC Shadester contouring powder

Lips:
MAC Angel lipstick

Misc.:
ELF eyelid primer
Olay Complete moisturizer
Smashbox Photo Finish Color Correcting Primer in Blend

MamaLaura

Thank you! I've been wearing false lashes less often lately, and am seeing that I don't need them quite as much as I thought I did. I still prefer the look of them, but I'm not worried about going without.

Latest posts