Petticoat MSF Dupe I made...

ambidextrous

You need:
- either MAC Cranberry or Plum Dressing for the burgundy base (the dark vains)
- MAC Pigments in Vanilla, Pink Opal and Pink Bronze

Sorry if it's the wrong place to post. I was just reading that some people wanted Petticoat to be perm

I can post pics tomorrow if you want (cam is being charged) but the flash washes the pink glow out... try it for yourself if you really like Petticoat, the mix looks the same as the MSF

XShear

I would LOVE for you to post pics and see how it came out. Now, if someone can just make up a dupe for Lightscapade.

HOTasFCUK

I'd love to see this!!! I guess it was bound to happen.....we have to make MSF's since MAC doesn't release the old LE ones. But its a great idea, just like pressing pigments!!! I love stuff like this!!! Can't wait to see pics!

alien21xx

I want to try this as well. Very curious as to the effect of Pink Bronze on this mix.
smiles.gif
Hope you post ingredients and pix soon.

ColdNovember

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariecinder
So how do you do it? Do you scrape the solid shadows and make a powder with it all?

2nd this!!! -Would love details!

ambidextrous

Ok, here is a collage I made. I'll describe them from left to right, top down. First 3 pics: left streak is e/s-pigment dupe (with cranberry as e/s), middle is Petticoat MSF, right swatch is again dupe but with Plum dressin as e/s this time

First pic is without flash in artificial yellow light, second is with some weird flash thing :X and third (middle row, on the left) is with usual flash - notice the undertone and shimmer of the left and middle swatch ;D looks the same to me.

the 4th pic is how I mixed it: I scraped some Plum Dressing e/s first into some e/s palette lid, then added Vanilla, Pink Opal and Pink Bronze, just to see it lacked the Burgundy undertone, so I added Cranberry to get it the way it is on the left

5th pic is the Petticoat dupe mix on my cheek (excuse the horrible skin lol)

The only thing that I didn't add is gold shimmer, but Reflects Gold makes the same effect, just add it if you want the gold stuff too

The only thing I noticed that was different is that the original Petticoat MSF is not as glowy as the mix, you might wanna dilute the mix with blot powder if you really want it like the MSF

Perple1

th_worship.gif
Wow. Thanx! I'm trying a pigment concoction for Metal Rock ~ since i don't have the original, I'm not sure how close I can get it! But I will definitely try this, especially since I have all of the colors!

me_jelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perple1
th_worship.gif
Wow. Thanx! I'm trying a pigment concoction for Metal Rock ~ since i don't have the original, I'm not sure how close I can get it! But I will definitely try this, especially since I have all of the colors!

The closest pigment to metal rock in mind is chocolate brown

styrch

This is great! Just the sad thing is that to dupe petticoat this way, I might as well just pay ebay prices for the real thing with the cost. I wish MAC would just put all us Petticoat lovers out of our misery and rerelease it!