Pfffffttttt......not fix + :(

pratbc

So, I had read soooo many rave reviews on here for Fix+ that, last week, I went to the MAC counter and purchased it (or so I thought). Silly me didn't even look at the bottle or packaging or receipt and just figured it was Fix+ b/c it looked like it. Well, I used the product a few times and couldn't figure out why I wasn't getting the results everyone raved about. This morning I took a closer look at the bottle and its "charged water" not Fix+
ssad.gif
The MUA sold me the wrong product. I still have the box it came in and the receipt and everything. Do you all think that I can go return it for the correct product even though I have used it a few times?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Also, I purchased it at the counter at Macy's but I will not be able to return it to the same Macy's b/c it is far away and I just happened to be in that area that day.

ppalada

ya i think you can still return it..ive bought things from mac at macys and used it and returned it because i changed my mind on it. Also Im sure any macys with a mac will accept the return. Ive done it before. HTH!!

Stephie Baby

Do the MA's always have to get you the products you want? I'm always worried about stuff like this happening. At the pro store, the products are out on the floor, but I always feel weird about getting them myself. Lol.

Why don't you like charged water? I'm thinking about getting fix+ or charged water. Idk which one though.

pratbc

Well, I wanted the fix+ to help take away the "powdery" look after I use my mineral foundation, concealer and MSF. The charged water is refreshing, but did nothing for the look of my makeup.

MACATTAK

You can definitely return it with your receipt & to any Macy's. It doesn't matter if it's been used a little. I think they would only question it if you only had a little bit of product left & wanted to return it.

theblackqueen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephie Baby
Do the MA's always have to get you the products you want? I'm always worried about stuff like this happening. At the pro store, the products are out on the floor, but I always feel weird about getting them myself. Lol.

Why don't you like charged water? I'm thinking about getting fix+ or charged water. Idk which one though.

If the product is out on the floor, I tend to get it myself, I just make sure I grab one from the back as to not mess up the aesthetic appeal or set up of the way everything is displayed. Most of the time I DO need them to get me something as not everything is out. I prefer to get the stuff on my own because then i know I'm not getting the wrong item, I keep on seeing these posts of MA's accidentally getting people the wrong brush or shadow etc. It's a really heated topic now! But if i mean to get humid and for some reason end up grabbing steamy i can only blame it on myself.
Plus I know when people ask me to do stuff at work they can do on their own i get kinda annoyed... do you really need to as the IT people to hole punch your essay for you? Really? hehehe.

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratbc
Do you all think that I can go return it for the correct product even though I have used it a few times?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Also, I purchased it at the counter at Macy's but I will not be able to return it to the same Macy's b/c it is far away and I just happened to be in that area that day.

yes, you can return it. just let them know that you wanted fix+ and the artist grabbed the wrong product.

Quote:

it annoys the crap out of us artists when custies get their own product. you are not allowed to do that. that is what we are there for. plus, its an LP issue when people start grabbing stuff themselves. we have no way of knowing if you want to purchase it, or if you grab it from the shelf and try to return it. besides, i find it incredibly rude if custies start pulling stuff off the shelves. i had one lady start opening the product straight off the back wall because she wanted to see what the color looked like. there are things called testers people! just wait til an artist is available and they will be happy to grab products for you. and if you are worried that you'll get the wrong thing, just ask then to review what they pulled for you before they ring it up.

Stephie Baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881
it annoys the crap out of us artists when custies get their own product. you are not allowed to do that. that is what we are there for. plus, its an LP issue when people start grabbing stuff themselves. we have no way of knowing if you want to purchase it, or if you grab it from the shelf and try to return it. besides, i find it incredibly rude if custies start pulling stuff off the shelves. i had one lady start opening the product straight off the back wall because she wanted to see what the color looked like. there are things called testers people! just wait til an artist is available and they will be happy to grab products for you. and if you are worried that you'll get the wrong thing, just ask then to review what they pulled for you before they ring it up.

Lol. Thanks for the heads up. I just sometimes feel bad because I normally come in with a long list of stuff. I don't wanna make them run all over the place. The pro store is so organized. I'm sometimes afraid to even touch anything. I don't wanna knock anything over.
tong.gif

erine1881

Quote:
Lol. Thanks for the heads up. I just sometimes feel bad because I normally come in with a long list of stuff. I don't wanna make them run all over the place. The pro store is so organized. I'm sometimes afraid to even touch anything. I don't wanna knock anything over.
tong.gif

it doesn't matter if you have a list of 2 things or 50 things. we'd much rather run around getting stuff for you than have you grabbin things from the wrong spot, or knocking things over like you fear. i'd personally much rather run all over the place than have someone picking at our back wall. they always grab from the front, which drives us all mad. when i go to ring them up, i put everything back and grab from the back. after seeing that, they get the point!
yes.gif

as_cute_as_pie

off topic but i presume its ok to get brushes and things like when their right infront of you.. say like the NY pro store the brushes are in those perspex containers on a big long table but its right in the middle of the floor not behind anything etc so i think thats ok?
just read you're post again so say i want 3 e/s, a foundation, a powder, a blush.. i grab all these colours i want and end up at the nail colours so the m/a don't like that?

p.s back ON topic ive returned things alot not due to my fault i wanted a nw20 concealor (sp?) and they didn't have it she said to try back the next week. i happened to be passing a few days later so asked again and she said oh yeah we have it. i was like oh! ok then
smiles.gif

got it home and it was a nw25 not a nw20 like i wanted so i attempted to take it back but they still didnt have any nw20s in so she said just to keep hold of it til they got it in. a few days later they did so done a straight exchange.. looked at the tube a while later and she'd accidently gave me the nw25 BACK instead of the nw20! lol so i had to go back yet again and get a exchange... wow thats a lot of waste but just like your post it wasn't my fault so there should be no probs
smiles.gif

erine1881

we don't like it when people grab anything. not sure how it works at the pro store as i've never been. but at stores/counters it drives us nuts. if you need something, just ask us. the main reason is its an LP issue. we've had custies grab stuff and head off to another counter cause they want to buy stuff at another counter and they just want to make one purchase. not cool! first off, other counters work on commission. secondly, we need to keep track of what we sell, and who sells what. so, when they grab stuff walk off, we don't know if they really are going to another counter, or stealing. but that's a whole other issue.

it sucks that no other cosmetics counter has stuff stocked out in the open, cause it makes people think that they can grab stuff for themselves. if you've got people behind the counters grabbing stuff (especially when they're going for stuff on the wall behind the register-
shockt.gif
), and you're helping someone on the otherside, AND have people just passing thru the store who decide to walk the entire length behind your counter cause they're MORONS and don't realize that this is rude and just plain bad manners, its gets extrememly bothersome and hard to keep track of things.

the jist of my rant is that if you need something, just chill and wait til we can get to you. we're not gonna get mad if you need us to pull a few things or alot. if you start grabbing stuff, we're gonna be on you, asking "how can we help, what can we do, blah blah blah til you get the point, and if you don't, we'll straight up tell you you're not to be getting stuff yourself. and if you don't have the time to wait til we can get to you, come back when you do.

frankenstain

Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881
we don't like it when people grab anything. not sure how it works at the pro store as i've never been. but at stores/counters it drives us nuts. if you need something, just ask us. the main reason is its an LP issue. we've had custies grab stuff and head off to another counter cause they want to buy stuff at another counter and they just want to make one purchase. not cool! first off, other counters work on commission. secondly, we need to keep track of what we sell, and who sells what. so, when they grab stuff walk off, we don't know if they really are going to another counter, or stealing. but that's a whole other issue.

it sucks that no other cosmetics counter has stuff stocked out in the open, cause it makes people think that they can grab stuff for themselves. if you've got people behind the counters grabbing stuff (especially when they're going for stuff on the wall behind the register-
shockt.gif
), and you're helping someone on the otherside, AND have people just passing thru the store who decide to walk the entire length behind your counter cause they're MORONS and don't realize that this is rude and just plain bad manners, its gets extrememly bothersome and hard to keep track of things.

the jist of my rant is that if you need something, just chill and wait til we can get to you. we're not gonna get mad if you need us to pull a few things or alot. if you start grabbing stuff, we're gonna be on you, asking "how can we help, what can we do, blah blah blah til you get the point, and if you don't, we'll straight up tell you you're not to be getting stuff yourself. and if you don't have the time to wait til we can get to you, come back when you do.

I know the MAs hate when we go behind the counter but sometimes you have to because the displays and testers are back there and I like to see what I'm getting. I guess MAC should make everything behind a counter like BB or something if this is such a big problem.

I've never had the gall to just pick up a box of something myself though.

I've asked for Select Cover Up and got Studio Finish instead. Well I love Studio Finish and I ended up just using it cause I was in desperate need on concealer.

But yes I'm pretty much positive they'll let you exchange it. ;3

as_cute_as_pie

rrr no i would never go behind the counter and grab the boxes heh thats just weird!
i suppose if they know you and know you wouldnt go running off with the testers etc but i never thought about how it might bother them when ive gt 4 or so shadows lined up so i can compare colours :S

User49

I'm a Mac MA and if you take with you the recipet and explain the situation (that you were told it was fix + and didn't think twice to look) you might be able to get the right product. If it happend to me and a customer came back to me and said "i wanted this fix + and you told me it was and it is charged water" and the product hadn't been like half used - I had a lady come back with a lipliner used down to the core and she wanted a refund ... now that pisses me off- but in your case you can probably get something sorted
smiles.gif
Mac wants to keep its customers happy! Charged water is lovely though
smiles.gif
xx

Stephie Baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by as_cute_as_pie
rrr no i would never go behind the counter and grab the boxes heh thats just weird!
i suppose if they know you and know you wouldnt go running off with the testers etc but i never thought about how it might bother them when ive gt 4 or so shadows lined up so i can compare colours :S

At the pro store, they don't care if you remove the eyeshadow testers to look at the names. Normally the MA just tells me to pull out the test shadows I want and set them to the side. I think its easier for her to get them for me when I do that.

I still pick testers up sometimes to get a better look at the color, but I don't run off with it. Lol. Thats crazy.

Shenanigans

The MA's always get the stuff for me out of the big drawers underneath the displays and testers and actually give it to me instead of taking it up to the counter - I would never do it on my own. BUT, I do check what they've handed me at least twice before I pay and walk out of the store.
smiles.gif

glam8babe

i wish i didnt waste money on charged water.. it doesnt do ANYTHING for me! i cant wait to get fix+ thou
greengrin.gif

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by as_cute_as_pie

you can definately grab testers to compare colors. that's not a problem at all. its when you start pulling product in boxes off the back wall that gets us.

stacey4415

I always get the things myself, maybe it's different in America, but in the Harvey Nichols' Mac i attend, most people pick the things up themselves, they're very out in the open, the counter is almost far away from everything, and there's usually two MAs for about 18 customers, so most pick it up and walk to the Mac till

ilorietta

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacey4415
I always get the things myself, maybe it's different in America, but in the Harvey Nichols' Mac i attend, most people pick the things up themselves, they're very out in the open, the counter is almost far away from everything, and there's usually two MAs for about 18 customers, so most pick it up and walk to the Mac till

I did the same in the Covent garden PRO shop. I waited 45 minutes and no-one was looking at me so i knew what i wanted , grabbed it and went to the till.

Latest posts