Photobucket

rbella

So, I closed my photobucket account because my images were being used in other places without my permission, but I think it cleared out my swatches. Unfortunately, the original pictures are on an old computer. I might be able to retrieve them, but if I cannot, does anyone have a particular swatch I had posted previously that they need asap? If so, I can re-swatch and upload.

I'm thinking about just re-swatching my whole collection, which will take a damn year, and then posting it.

Recommendations?

Also, does anyone know a way for me to keep my pics from my blog and my posts on here from being used on other sites besides using a watermark? Is there an account better than Photobucket? I just don't like watermarking my pictures.

Thanks.

LMD84

wow that sucks
ssad.gif
why are people so rude?! swatching your entire collection again would take ages though!!!!

i'm not sure of any site better than photobucket - it's all i use and know. sorry!

rbella

I don't think it was malicious, but I still think it is rude. If they sited me as the source, that would be fine, but they don't. I can't even begin to imagine how some of the major beauty bloggers feel. Most of my pics are related to Houston, etc. for my blog. What a weird thing to steal. Pics of Houston?

But, yeah, swatching will take forever. I might just go back and re-edit my swatches in the swatch thread to see what I had done. I feel pretty bad about it. I just don't know if it was a photobucket issue, or something else. I'm not very computer savvy.

Thanks for the reply, you are so sweet.
heart.gif

LMD84

yeah i'm not the best with computers either! you'll never see me sell a pc at work because i stay the heck away! and when i do get roped into it the customers will ask me questions that i have not much clue on so open up the tech spec so they can look themselves!
tong.gif
i'm nice about it and joke about it so people don't get offended! and then get another staff member to help when they're free! tv is my domain! :p

i think people will take pictures of anything sometimes, i know one guy who is always taking pictures and then posting them on his own blog and never credits. RUDE! he keeps on doing it though!

anyways i hope somebody will reply who actually knows of a program that could help!
smiles.gif

hello_kitty

If you're hotlinking onto forums and stuff, there is nothing stopping anybody from doing "right click save as" or "copy link location." Unless you owned the forum and coded in something to prevent any right clicking on the image, you're out of luck.

I use smugmug for my photography site and have it so nobody can right click and save or link the picture from that site. However, that means I can't link them myself on anywhere as well. And if you're smart enough, you can get around that feature anyway.

In all honesty, if a picture is put onto the internet there is nothing you can do to stop someone from taking it, especially if they want it bad enough. That's why I at least watermark all of my stuff to make it more unattractive, at least to those that might not know how to photoshop stuff out.

blazeno.8

Yeah, I want to know if there's any photo hosting site that has something like a "pass" filter for my pictures where I can specify which websites will be able to access the pictures. I have had similar problems in the past. I don't care if they cite me or not, those are pictures of my face, my body, and they're using it without my prior permission much less knowledge.

blazeno.8

Quote:
Originally Posted by hello_kitty
If you're hotlinking onto forums and stuff, there is nothing stopping anybody from doing "right click save as" or "copy link location." Unless you owned the forum and coded in something to prevent any right clicking on the image, you're out of luck.

I use smugmug for my photography site and have it so nobody can right click and save or link the picture from that site. However, that means I can't link them myself on anywhere as well. And if you're smart enough, you can get around that feature anyway.

In all honesty, if a picture is put onto the internet there is nothing you can do to stop someone from taking it, especially if they want it bad enough. That's why I at least watermark all of my stuff to make it more unattractive, at least to those that might not know how to photoshop stuff out.

Over all that is true that for almost every defense you set up, they will find a way around it. I do know however that for some people, there's just so far they're willing to go before they figure it's not worth the trouble. I think that disabling hotlinking is a primary defense but it's not to be used in lieu of other code writing techniques or watermarking.

Latest posts