Photographing

Licota

Hi guys!

I've just bought myself a new camera! Never had a camera before, and now I enjoy walking around and take pictures of everything. I bought myself a Canon Powershot G10 - and it's great! Even my pro BF with his huuuge single lens reflex is jealous.
th_DANCE.gif

Does anyone else in here have photographing as a hobby?
graucho.gif

kaliraksha

I took a photography class a few years ago... and I love to take good pics. I really want to do a few themed ones and get them printed and frame them... I don't have any decent artwork in my house.... I look at things but I always want something weirder or more original.

What's your favorite thing to photograph so far?

Licota

I started yesterday, so this far my best shot is some flowers in a park nearby.
smiles.gif
They are great posers (haha) and it's easy to make the colours *pop* in lightroom.

I haven't taken any classes, but I learn tip and tricks from my BF. I actually met him when I was standing model for him.

What's yours?

xsnowwhite

I love taking pictures! I don't do it as much as I would like, but I always have fun doing photography. I mostly photograph stuff in my moms garden or people, which is probably my favorite to do...people or animals. That sounds like a really nice camera , have fun with it!!

chiquilla_loca

i love photography! yay for your new camera, it's so fun isn't it?
my camera sucks at the moment, seems like something new & better comes out every few months, and i'm still stuck with a hp and an olympus 7megapixel models...at least for the moment.
i also took a class when i was like 14 on black & white photography, and learned to take, and develop our own pictures. it was an awesome summer class, that i got to take for free.
sometimes, i'll be on flickr for hours looking at photographs.
enjoy!

Licota

New camera is so fun! Yesterday I sat up real late and edited photos. Uploaded a few at flickr too, if you want to look.
greengrin.gif

That summerclass sounds fabolous - I wish I've had the chance to do something like that when I was 14.

RedRibbon

I love taking photographs although I haven't been out on any photo taking trips since I've learnt how to use my camera better (ie, using the super macro, changing the ISO, shutter speed etc..) so I have some which I like but now I know I can take better ones.

Surprise surprise that one of my favourite photos taken by me is of makeup.

I'm taking my youngest cousin to the zoo soon so will test my skills out on the animals
smiles.gif

RedRibbon

I'm really excited about going as I haven't been to this zoo for the longest time and when I used to go as a child they had this hill you could sit on and see for miles, I was always too scared to look over the edge but I'm going to picture the view when I go.

I'm testing my "moving objects" photo skills so hopefully they will be set by next weekend.

Temptasia

I love my new G10 as well. I need lightroom 2 to cheat a little, but i absolutely love the wide angle. I was going to get a DSLR but this is the perfect street camera that fits perfectly in my purse or comfortable around my neck.

It may not produce DSLR quality pictures, but the fact that I can carry it around easily will allow me to take more interesting shots or capture moments. You know, I can be a more of a discreet creep instead of looking like one of the paparazzi guys

If I can practice using all the manual settings, I'll be able to produce better pictures more consistently. I want to get an external flash for it too!

kaliraksha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Licota
I started yesterday, so this far my best shot is some flowers in a park nearby.
smiles.gif
They are great posers (haha) and it's easy to make the colours *pop* in lightroom.

I haven't taken any classes, but I learn tip and tricks from my BF. I actually met him when I was standing model for him.

What's yours?

I've found the most rewarding thing to take pics of are statues... you can get them in such interesting angles and they obviously never move.

I love architecture so I like doing black and whites of places I've visited.

Lastly, the most fun is to photograph my dogs. It takes like 20-30 photos to get 1 good one..

RedRibbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaliraksha
I've found the most rewarding thing to take pics of are statues... you can get them in such interesting angles and they obviously never move.

I love architecture so I like doing black and whites of places I've visited.

Lastly, the most fun is to photograph my dogs. It takes like 20-30 photos to get 1 good one..

I love photographing statues as they look different depending on the time of day/night..I tend to take photos of buildings but then edit the colours so that one colour stands out (there is colour in the rest but you're drawn to the building).

My favourite things to shoot are my 6 year old cousin and my dogs, I took a disposable camera with my cousin to the park a few months ago and we got some excellent shots, most of which is mum has had blown up and placed around the house.

Latest posts