Photoshoot advice needed!

xtiffineyx

I didn't exactly know where to put this, so if it would be appropriate somewhere else then please move it.

Okay! So I'm in serious SERIOUS need of advice! Recently a local photo studio approached me to do a photoshoot with them. They said they'd do it for free because they wanted the photos for their portfolio. I thought "Wow! Sounds fun!" But now I'm TOTALLY stressing out because I don't know what to do. I have to do my own makeup and hair and clothes and now I'm feeling totally lost. I think my hair and makeup looks cute in just my normal everyday life but I don't know how the way I usually do my makeup will translate in front of a professional camera. I'm so nervous now. This is what I look like everyday in natural lighting. Ignore the stupid pose, this was yesterday in the pool and I was goofing off & being stupid posing like that*:

0223.jpg

I know for sure I'm going to wear false eyelashes so my eyes look prettier, and I'm going to get my nails done since I bite mine, and I'm going to hot roll my hair. I thought about getting some Dermablend makeup since I know that has excellent coverage (my chin stays broke out
thmbdn.gif
).

I'm totally lost on what to wear too. I'm 5'9"ish so I thought about a pair of wide leg dressy pants and heels so my legs look super long. Ah! I dont know! I'm so stressed
blink.gif

ANY AND ALL ADVICE IS APPRECIATED!

(*BTW, I feel super silly putting that picture up because that is totally not how I act or pose in real life, but it was the most recent one, and the only one I had in natural lighting)

JustDivine

Why don't you practise and post FOTD's so that you can get feedback on your skills. I don't think you should bother hiring someone to do your makeup if you're on Specktra and have the benefit of all this great advice! And you may be over-critical of yourself...by posting looks you can see how it would translate on camera.

I might suggest staying away from the heavy foundation- you have good skin and you don't want it to look cakey on camera. Go for concealer and a light coverage foundation, but take test shots yourself in different types of lighting to see the colour of your foundation in pictures, cos you may be surprised!

prettysecrets

Honestly,um, you are so freaking gorgeous that you don't need to be nervous!

Whatever you wear,however you do your makeup,pose, the photos are going to look awesome, I'm sure!!! :)

juicygirl

just a quick question, tiffeney...who did the makeup in your picture that you posted about the wave irons?? because you looked freaking gorgeous in that picture!!

xtiffineyx

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustDivine
Why don't you practise and post FOTD's so that you can get feedback on your skills. I don't think you should bother hiring someone to do your makeup if you're on Specktra and have the benefit of all this great advice! And you may be over-critical of yourself...by posting looks you can see how it would translate on camera.

I might suggest staying away from the heavy foundation- you have good skin and you don't want it to look cakey on camera. Go for concealer and a light coverage foundation, but take test shots yourself in different types of lighting to see the colour of your foundation in pictures, cos you may be surprised!

Yes, I was going to do a couple of looks and post them as FOTD's to see what you guys thought! =)

I have really bad acne on my chin (I'm crazy broke out right now
ssad.gif
) and I have freckles all over my face, so that's why I thought I'd go for the Dermablend. I thought about not the cover creme, but the one in the squeeze tube, it seems like it would be lighter. I'll post some pictures in the coming days before the shoot (it's next Sunday) and see what you guys think. My camera isn't so great so hopefully I'll get a couple good pics! Besides, even if I WANTED to hire a makeup artist, I looked for one and there isn't any even remotely near me! haha!

I want to do a neutral eye, even though thats what I do everday. I don't think I look very good in anything other than browns and golds. I tried to do a smokey eye, but it's just too overwhelming for my face.

Quote:
Originally Posted by juicygirl
just a quick question, tiffeney...who did the makeup in your picture that you posted about the wave irons?? because you looked freaking gorgeous in that picture!!

Thanks! I did the makeup. It's just my same routine everyday: Foundation, neutral eye, brows, eyeliner, mascara & blush.

I'm just nervous because I know when everyone on here posts their makeup it shows up super good on camera and I feel that mine looks OK in real life, but isn't going to show up very well in the pictures.
th_dunno.gif

xtiffineyx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xqueeze_me
What about a quick makeover at your preferred brand of cosmetic counters/store?

Ohh! Good Idea! I only wear drugstore makeup though because the nearest MAC counter is over an hour away. I am going to look into that though! Thanks!
thmbup.gif

juicygirl

i thought your makeup in that picture though was beyond okay!! seriously it looked really good! so i dont think you have to worry. =]

pratbc

WOW, you are absolutely gorgeous! I honestly don't think you have to worry one bit! Your makeup in the picture looks great and natural. I think it all depends on the type of photoshoot you are doing. Is there a certain theme or "look" they want you to portray?
ITA with those that suggested you go to your favorite makeup counter and explain your situation and have them give you a makeover. I believe its gratis as long as you purchase one of the products. You will most likely want to purchase the lip product so you can do touch ups if it fades.

Good luck!

Nox

Ooh, girl you are gawjus! I love the dark hair!

I have worked with models before in my company, and the ones who've worked out best are the ones who know their own bodies very well. Sometimes it's the newbies who are unfamiliar with the different and unusual ways their body can look when they try a new move. Get to know yourself, know all your good and not-so-flattering angles. And practice your different facial expressions too.

You have a beautiful look, a decent height, I hope they really like your photos. The camera really does like your face from what I can see. Good luck!

xtiffineyx

Thanks so much ladies! You all have been so helpful!
thmbup.gif

I chatted with a MAC person on the chat on their website, and she recommended Studio Tech Foundation. What do you guys think of that?

I'm hoping my skin will be a bit calmer, but I'm so nervous I'll probably have a few new zits pop up, so keep that in mind! haha!

Latest posts