Pictureless FOTD: 8/29/08

wishuponyou

My all-time favorite look, especially for night, is a bronzed face with a black smoky eye and a pale nude lip. This is only my third post i believe, so here it goes- my 10-step smoky eye. My product list is as follows:

Physician's Formula bronzer (any non-shimmery bronzer that suits your skintone will work)
Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Zero (any easy-to-blend eyeliner pencil will work)
Diorshow Mascara (use your favorite mascara)
Foundation, concealer, moisturizer...

MAC eyeshadow in:
Carbon (matte black)
Black Tied (shimmery black)
Silver Ring (medium-darkish shimmery gray)
Electra (very shimmery silver)

Mac brushes:
227 Large Fluff Brush
209 Eyeliner Brush
212 Flat Definer Brush
217 Blending Brush

1) Start with a clean, lightly moisturized face. Apply concealer and foundation according to your skincare needs.

2) Begin applying your bronzer all over your face. Make sure you evenly apply the powder to your cheeks, forehead, nose, chin, upper lip... aim for a natural tan!

3) Apply eyeliner semi-thickly along the upper and lower lash lines, extending the line a bit past your eye for a cat-eye look. Using your eyeliner brush or the brush of your choice, smudge the line to begin creating the smoky eye. Blend well.

4) Closest to your lashline, apply MAC Black Tied eyeshadow or the shimmery black shadow of your choice as close to the upper lashline as possible.

5) Above the Black Tied eyeshadow, apply Carbon or the matte black shadow of your choice up to the crease. Blend all shadows together well.

6)Above the Carbon shadow, apply Silver Ring or the shimmery darkish gray of your choice.Blend it from your crease up to about halfway from the crease to the brow.

7) To finish off the shadow, apply Electra or the silver shadow of your choice from the brow down to the Silver Ring shadow you have applied earlier. Blend all shadows well.

8) Highlight if you prefer to, and apply 2-3 coats of mascara.

9) For a nude lip, apply a thin coat of foundation to your lips. Let dry.

10) Apply a sheer or clear lip gloss to finish off the look.

Voila!

Lyssah

Sounds really nice. I might have to get black tied so I can give it a go, thanks for posting!

wishuponyou

You're very welcome! Black Tied is a great investment- black is one of the most important colors, and a little shimmer (as opposed to Carbon) never hurt anybody (;