Pigment charms/vials

LP_x

Hi all. So sorry if this has been asked before, but have the little pigment vials been faked yet?? All the threads I've searched say no, but I can't find anything more recent than 2007, so was wondering if there were any updates or changes?

Thanks!! x

julie150463

Quote:
Originally Posted by LP_x
Hi all. So sorry if this has been asked before, but have the little pigment vials been faked yet?? All the threads I've searched say no, but I can't find anything more recent than 2007, so was wondering if there were any updates or changes?

Thanks!! x

Hi
Not yet - think you're safe for the time being. To be honest I don't think there's enough money to be made in faking them - I'm guessing the glass vials would be quite pricey to fake.

LP_x

Thanks. That's the answer I was hoping for
lol.gif

User27

Make sure you buy them from a trusted seller because I received one with about a quarter missing from it for some unknown to God reason. Irked me to the point I didn't know how to leave feedback. 1165Cheryl brought this up in another thread but she's right about sellers keeping a tad for themselves on some occasions.

Also am hoping that someone can provide a fresh Teal pigment charm pic because mine is massively powdery and doesn't match the swatches accurately on threads.

Eleentje

I've just bought Teal one myself, but starting to have second thoughts now. The person listed the pigment as M*A*C and if i've seen in other threads thats a trick used to bypass ebay policy regarding product authenticity. I also think the writing looks like its in different colour, and not black, and the seller says: "
MUCH CHEAPER THAN OTHER LISTED PIGMENTS ON EBAY

M*A*C PIGMENT TEAL 2.5g NEW! on eBay (end time 04-Sep-09 14:03:16 BST)

Can someone give me any advice? Otherwise I will need to cancel this purchase asap.

fashionjunkiexx

hmm, there may be a few of them but iv not seen many, which makes me think any that have been faked wont have been perfected to amazing quality so probably wont have been duped..

heres a picture of mine which is 100% real

6od3rt.jpg

35kuzcz.jpg

2vcgmxj.jpg

HTH

Eleentje

Thanks a lot for the pictures.
heart2.gif
I'll probably go ahead and get it anyway, since it's just a couple of quid. Then I'll be able to compare the looks of it to your pictures. If it turns out to be fake, I guess I can always keep it as reference for the quality and texture of fake pigments (and obviously post a warning on here with pictures). I do believe the full-size teal pigment had been counterfeited?

SakurasamaLover

The teal vial looks genuine to me.

And for the other person that asked, the Teal vial version is not exactly the same color as the full size one, I think you can find some comparison swatch on specktra. Don't quote me on that but I think the full size is a tad darker.

hyazinth

Just wondering...is the info that most vials sold are authentic still up do date? Or has anybody seen some fakes on ebay lately?

panda0410

Okie dokie... there was a UK seller selling very obvious non mac vials. I confronted her and she told me the vilas were not authentic but the pigment within them was - she was apparently decanting. This was of course after she had them listed as BNIP and that they were separated from a gift pack. She also had colours in those vials that I know were never released in vials!! She seems to have vanished, and I havent seen them since, and everything else (vials) I have seen has been authentic by my reckoning, but I would encourage people buying from ebay to regard them with the same amount of caution as any other product currently listed on ebay
smiles.gif

Junkie

Totally highjacking this thread - but does anyone know approximately how many tsp's are in a vial? I know it can vary depending on the pigment itself, but on average, how much? I want to purchase a vial on ebay, but if its cheaper to get a sample (for the same amount of product) then I'll go that route. Thanks!

panda0410

Theres over a full teaspoon at least. I up-ended a few vials into empty pigment jars and some of the vials half filled the pigment jars, and others almost 3/4 filled the jar.

hyazinth

Quote:
Originally Posted by panda0410
Okie dokie... there was a UK seller selling very obvious non mac vials. I confronted her and she told me the vilas were not authentic but the pigment within them was - she was apparently decanting. This was of course after she had them listed as BNIP and that they were separated from a gift pack. She also had colours in those vials that I know were never released in vials!! She seems to have vanished, and I havent seen them since, and everything else (vials) I have seen has been authentic by my reckoning, but I would encourage people buying from ebay to regard them with the same amount of caution as any other product currently listed on ebay
smiles.gif

Hmm, pretty crappy refilling them with other piments... You are right beeing careful will be best. Although I guess most of them might be authentic because thought of a couterfeiter might be "why fake the little ones when you can do the big jars".
Currently I have an eye on a softwash grey vial on ebay.uk. If I decide to buy I will post a pic and we can compare and see if there is a difference to a known authentic.
Is there a way (like a list) to know which pigments were also released as charms/vials?

winterbloom

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyazinth
Hmm, pretty crappy refilling them with other piments... You are right beeing careful will be best. Although I guess most of them might be authentic because thought of a couterfeiter might be "why fake the little ones when you can do the big jars".
Currently I have an eye on a softwash grey vial on ebay.uk. If I decide to buy I will post a pic and we can compare and see if there is a difference to a known authentic.
Is there a way (like a list) to know which pigments were also released as charms/vials?

I am too lazy right now to start a list, but usually the charm size pigments & glitters are released in Holiday sets, so check the Color Collections Color Collections | Specktra.Net right here. If I am not mistaken the earlier ones were in bit tinier sized vials than they have now (the product weight was prob. the same?).

panda0410

Yep the very first holiday vials were smaller and a different shape, longer and thinner. They released a few in that lot that havent ever been released in a vial since, but they are authentic. That was back 2001-2002 from recollection. Not sure about 03, but 04 saw coco beach in a vial and they were in the current style vials.

Latest posts