Pigment - Fake or real? (Pics)

lawrawr

Usually fakes can be spotted in an instant, but I'm having trouble identifying whether this platinum pigment I bought from a reputable seller on ebay is real or not.

PICT0005.jpg

This sticker is what sent alarm bells ringing, its clear, which is only on pro pigments I believe. And platinum is not pro is /should/ be silver if I'm correct, like on my fairylite (click for bigger pic) The serial also looks like it was printed at the same time as the colour name was.

PICT0002.jpg

Here my genuine fairylite is on the left and my questionable platinum is on the right. The text on my questionable one seems significantly bolder than on my genuine one. (click for bigger pic)

PICT0001.jpg

The top of my box, platinum seems to be in a slightly different font and closer to the center than my genuine fairylite

PICT0002.jpg

Click for bigger pic. You can just about see "A97" on the back of my fairylite, which corresponds with the number embossed on the sticker. No such number on the back on my platinum.

The bottom label of my platinum says "Made in America" on the top left of the sticker, I don't know if this is normal for american pigments as I live in England. It also says "A73" on top right of the label and the number on the bottom of the platinum says "A54"

All help appreciated!

MACATTAK

Sorry, but Platinum is fake! The label, shiny lid, and box are all giveaways. Try to get your money back asap!

halocaustic

If the seller is reputable like you say...can you let us know who it is? There are a few girls who will buy from select sellers on ebay and it's handy to know if reputable sellers are starting to carry this run of fakes.

erine1881

its fake. if everything else seemed ok, just the shiny lid alone was the dead giveaway.

and platinum is pro only btw.

lawrawr

I didn't know it was pro. They need to add a silver to their main line of pigments x.x

And the seller is
s.gif
noname7473, has over 1200 positive feedback which is why I bought from her.
She did seem genuinely shocked when I told her it was a fake and did promise me a full refund. So I haven't lost my money.