Pigment gel?

DaizyDeath

[not shure if this is the right place to post so sorry please move if its not
smiles.gif
]

ok so i went to my local CCO today and saw alot of old stuff and they had a few pigments then i opened one of them and it was in a gel form? ive never seen this before! i tryed one on my hand and it looked just like a really light glitter they had another shade of the gel pigment that was a bit darker.

But i was just wondering do any of you know what these are really called? & when they were discontinued?

ilovexnerdsx

oooh, ooh, i got one from a CCO too. they're called shimmersouffles, and they came out with the Adorn collection however far back that was released.

DaizyDeath

Quote:
Originally Posted by SARAHluvsMAC
they are called shimmer mouse or something like that

i hate them, they get crusty on the lid after a bit

ooo thanks for telling me!
i was expecting to see a pigment when i opened the jar and then all the sudden theirs gel in there i was like wha! hahaha

at first i was like maybe they mixed something in it? but then i read the bottom and it said shimmer.

but they looked like they would become a bit unsanitary as it is a gel and gel tends to collect dirt eeek.

DaizyDeath

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovexnerdsx
oooh, ooh, i got one from a CCO too. they're called shimmersouffles, and they came out with the Adorn collection however far back that was released.

oooooh adorn according to specktras color story is from october 04
wow
i didnt know that the CCO would have stuff that OLD!
i mean its nearly 07 jeeze
i wonder how long those gels can stay good

they had some pallettes that were preety old 2! i was tempted to buy but im trying to save my money for the new holiday collections.

bellaetoile

they're called shimmersouffles, and from what i gather, they weren't very popular. they ALWAYS have them at the numerous CCOs i've been to, and they usually look crusty, dirty, and just generally undesireable. also, i have never once seen a FOTD or any looks using them. not to say they aren't used, but they certainly don't seem to be as popular as some of the other products. i was tempted to buy them once or twice, but the consistency scared me.

Juneplum

frickin HATE the shimmersouffles with the intensity of 1000 white hot suns! why??? for all the reasons stated above
iagree.gif
lol.gif
i dunno WHAT mac was thinking when they made those????

DaizyDeath

yeah the more i think about them the more im glad i didnt buy it

and your right what wtf was MAC thinking! hahaah
the testers just looked disgusting! and their was barely any color pay off or glitter pay off...

now i see why all the CCO's have an overload of them

MAC_Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juneplum
frickin HATE the shimmersouffles with the intensity of 1000 white hot suns! why??? for all the reasons stated above
iagree.gif
lol.gif

Multiply Juneplum's statement by an additional 1,000 and that would be how much I hate them.
lol.gif

They look pretty in the jar and that is it. They crust up on your face and once the product is exposed to air, it starts crusting and shrinking in the jar.

These belong in the MAC Hall of Lame with the Glitz glosses.

Copper_Sparkle

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC_Whore
Multiply Juneplum's statement by an additional 1,000 and that would be how much I hate them.
lol.gif

They look pretty in the jar and that is it. They crust up on your face and once the product is exposed to air, it starts crusting and shrinking in the jar.

These belong in the MAC Hall of Lame with the Glitz glosses.

Awwww, I like my Embelish glitz gloss
weeping.gif

Sanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juneplum
iagree.gif
lol.gif

hahaha lol @ juneplum!!!

I think this was one of the first MAC items I skipped
smiles.gif

flowerhead

I actually really like my shimmersouffle, I bough adorn which is a sparkly beige, I put it on my cheeks & the inner corner of my eyes

macluver

I did get one shimmersouffle and it is kinda sticky, but it looks pretty once you figure out how to use it. But yeah, I feel like I am constantly cleaning it and I definately would not buy it again if it were to be re-released.

MAC_Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copper_Sparkle
Awwww, I like my Embelish glitz gloss
weeping.gif

I did like the white glitz gloss (too tired to remember the name) that came out with RebelRock for a browbone or cheek highlight. Actually they are all pretty cool for the first few uses until the glitter overspray disappears.

MAC_Pixie04

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC_Whore
I did like the white glitz gloss (too tired to remember the name) that came out with RebelRock for a browbone or cheek highlight. Actually they are all pretty cool for the first few uses until the glitter overspray disappears.

Afterparty! So pretty as a highlight in the center of the lips, but the glitter in the GlitzGlosses felt like effing craft glitter, all cheap and sharp on my mouth. mine got back2mac'd