pigment samples?

thelilprincess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill35
I'm addicted to pigment samples and 1/4 is usually plenty.

thanks! i think i will purchase 1/4 tsp then. seriously, i don't think i will ever finish my 3 full jars of piggies.

rouquinne

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTB
I'll be near an actual store in August so I know what I'm going to do
greengrin.gif

Now, next dumb question - is there a specific amount I should ask for and what will it cost me (roughly)? Okay I guess that was 2 questions
smiles.gif

unless you are well-known at the store you're going to, they won't give you more than one or two samples.

your best bet is to buy them from people here. that's how i got mine.

i haven't asked for a single sample of anything since i moved to London 18 months ago because the MAs here just don't know me. when i was still in Ottawa, the MAs all knew me and knew that i'd often bring friends who would drop $$$$ on each visit, so they were very generous with samples of anything.

KTB

Quote:
Originally Posted by rouquinne
unless you are well-known at the store you're going to, they won't give you more than one or two samples.

i haven't asked for a single sample of anything since i moved to London 18 months ago because the MAs here just don't know me. when i was still in Ottawa, the MAs all knew me and knew that i'd often bring friends who would drop $$$$ on each visit, so they were very generous with samples of anything.

I didn't expect to get them for free - fully expected to have to pay for them.

Karyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by rouquinne

Buying small sample jars is such a great way to go! I will never get through the full jars I have now! What is a fair price to pay for pigment samples?

jennzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by VioletB
May I give my input?? If you go to a store/counter and flat out ask for samples.. they will *probably* be more hestitant to give them to you.. rather than if you bought a sh!tload of stuff and then ask for something to try after the sale. Another thing is if you get to know your MA's ahead of time and become friends and always buy then it's a different story. Be gracious, as they have goals to make as well, not just to hand out free samples all day!!
smiles.gif

i don't think u need to buy a lot of make up inorder to get samples...
last time, i just did an exchange from my 4 pallet to 15 pallet and i asked the girl for a little sample of yellow pigment so my georgeous gold would be more yellowy than green. but of course u shouldn't ask for samples of everything :p

me_jelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlyann23
Whether you can get samples/how many you can get may depend on the store, too. Recently I went to a freestanding MAC store, my first time at that particular store, and spent about $45 on Flashtronic items. I asked the MA if they could give pigment samples, and she gave me a sample of each one I was interested in, which totaled 4. I wasn't charged for them and I didn't think anything of it - are they supposed to charge you for samples?

When they do give you a sample(s) of pigments or any other sampleable (lol) product, they're not suppose to charge you for it

Latest posts