Pigment vs eyeshadow pots

chako012

Hi guys,

I'm just starting to experiment with eyeshadows and I was wondering what the difference between eyeshadow pots and pigments are when used on the eye as eye shadow? Are the pigments going to give you a stronger colour or is it similar??

The main reason I'm asking is becauses I like the convinience of putting the eyeshadows in pallets but at the same time pigments are very popular.

Thanks guys!

cloverette

i can only speak for myself:

i love both, but e/s are more pigmented & stay longer on the lids. pigments are sheerer and tend to fall all over the face.

Classic Beauty

It depends on what pigment it is. For example, Kitschmas and Rose are chunkier, so they are harder to spread around. But some pigments like chocolate brown and goldenaire are easier to spread because they are finer.

Bass-0-Matic

I have Primary Yellow pigment and I was told it was better than Chrome Yellow e/s on the brightness factor and I feel that pigments are more versatile.
smiles.gif

brandi

i love them both... IMO pigments don't fall on your face if you are putting it on a certain way... for example... use MM(mixing medium) to apply your pigments... or using a CCB or shadstick or even a paint... just apply the pigment right after you apply the base and it should stay.. this works for me i mean some might fall onto your face but not a lot... it's vibrant in color... but e/s are good too! HTH

Piaqua

Also, and this is IMPORTANT: all eyeshadows are eye-safe, not all pigments are. So just be careful with pigments. The insert when you buy them will give you a list of what ones are eyesafe or not. You can also find the list here on specktra. Here's the link: http://www.precautions.specktra.net/ There is also the product safety forum here.

As for the convience of putting eyeshadows in palettes, you might want to check out this thread: http://www.specktra.net/forum/showthread.php?t=37188 It's a tutorial for pressing pigments into palettes
smiles.gif

liquidsirenhoney

i prefer pigments persoanlly cause i can use them for glosses and eyeshadows, and a lot of times i use them for blush even...but there are certain e/s pots i couldn't live without.

LatinaRose

pigments are my fave! they don't necessarily fall all over your face and i find the color to be more versatile - applied lightly, sheer effect - heavily, intense effect. and i love intense eyeshadow!!

ripmyheartoutx

Pigments are a lot different then shadows, they're so aesome! I really love them, they're kinda messy, but you'll get the hang of em!

sallytheragdol

I prefer pigments, personally, because the texture is so much silkier and far easier to blend, imo, and on the shimmery ones the shimmer is finer and looks like more of a smooth gleam or glow then an actual *shimmer*. Also, I think the pigment in pigments is more consistant, I find most pot e/s vary in pigment intensity but most of the pigments I've tried have been pretty heavily pigmented. Plus you can mix pigments in with your moisturizer or your lipgloss....so they're more versitale too. But, it's all personal preference really.

I know piggies are very popular,but even though they give you a very strong colour and only need a tiny amount of it,i prefer normal shadows because i can work with them much better.Anyway,i,m not an expert in make up