Pigmented Lips / Lipstick Help

Danaleer

Soo... I don't usually wear a lot of makeup. Mascara, and some blush usually. But I get tired of my lips looking the same everyday sometimes. However, whenever I try lipsticks, they never seem to really change the color of my lips much. I read about pigmented lips and I'm wondering if that's the issue? I have attached a picture of my bare lips. Also, if it IS the issue, what lipstick brands and/or shades would you all recommend? As you can tell, I'm fair skinned & freckled, with blue eyes and dark hair. Thank you!

shellygrrl

Staff member
The easiest thing to do would be to blank out your lips either as you're applying foundation or just before applying lipstick. You can use foundation to blank them out, or concealer, or MAC makes a product called Lip Erase that you could use. Then you'd be able to apply any lipstick, lipliner, and/or gloss, and it'll be truer to colour.

SassyPeach

The easiest thing to do would be to blank out your lips either as you're applying foundation or just before applying lipstick. You can use foundation to blank them out, or concealer, or MAC makes a product called Lip Erase that you could use. Then you'd be able to apply any lipstick, lipliner, and/or gloss, and it'll be truer to colour.
My lips are quite pigmented as well. What are your thoughts on the Lip Erase from MAC? Worth buying or would foundation be just as good?

shellygrrl

Staff member
I don't own Lip Erase so can't say to the quality. Personally I just go over my lips with foundation if I need to. Sometimes I've used concealer. Another trick would be to use a peachy-nude lipstick that is pale enough to blank out your lips, then apply your other one over the top. (e.l.f. Mineral Lipstick in Natural Nymph is a good one for fair skins. MAC Hue would be another option.)

Latest posts