Pigments - Eye and Lip Safe

mrskloo

So I bought my first pigments today... completely excited as I open everyting. I read the warning label on the pigments and it says that 2 that I bought are not to be used in the eye area (Cornflower and Teal). It's a shame because those are gorgeous colors. So I was just wondering if any of you ignore the warning and use it on the eyes anyways? Also, what makes those colors not safe for certain areas?

mrskloo

YAY... it doesn't look like I'll have to return them. But I just want to double check. The batch number can be found on the bottom of the box right? Because for both the Cornflower and Teal it both says A25. I'm just wondering if that was a mistake or something? Thanks for the link.

pigments and glitters, what ones are safe for eyes?

I just read a list on specktra about how some pigments and glitters are not safe for eye use. I couldn't find all the pigments and glitters that I own on that list and I'm unsure if some are safe to use.

All of mine are samples, so i do not have them in original container and i don't know when they where released.

I have Dark Soul, but i don't know which one it is (I guess one formula is ok and the other isn't). That is not a big, I like my other ones better, but I feel like maybe I should toss them sine I don't know if they are safe.

This is what I have:
Entremauve
Aire-de-blu
Suble
Jewel Marien

Does anyone wear Fairy Lite on eyes? I read you are not suppose to, I'm just surprised because so many people do in reviews.

Thanks

Shoegal-fr

Re: pigments and glitters, what ones are safe for eyes?

No glitters are eye safe... as far as i know

ductapemyheartt

i don't want to say that all pigments are eye safe, because i am not sure if there are some that aren't...but i thought pigments were safe for everywhere: lips, eyes, etc?

glitters are definitely NOT eye safe because they can cut the eye ball.

erine1881

MAC PRO

this lists all the perm colors that are/aren't safe for eyes/lips.

LE colors that aren't safe for certain areas come with a warning sheet, however there are just too many LE to be added to the above list. i wear all pigments on my eyes with no irritation.

no glitter is eye safe, but i wear em on my eyes all the time at my own risk.

GlamQueen21

I sometimes use Electric Coral on my eyes but I use it at my own risk so that I don't go blind on one eye. I've never use the Reflects before but when I get it, I'll probably won't use it on my eyes since it can cut your eyelid and it won't be a pretty sight to see.

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlamQueen21
I sometimes use Electric Coral on my eyes but I use it at my own risk so that I don't go blind on one eye. I've never use the Reflects before but when I get it, I'll probably won't use it on my eyes since it can cut your eyelid and it won't be a pretty sight to see.

glitters won't cut your eyelid. you just run the risk of getting them in your and they can irritate or scratch your eye since they aren't smooth (rough enought to scratch your eye but not your lid). i've gotten glitter in my eye many times, and as long i don't rub my eye from the irritation, i'm fine. i just use my finger or a qtip and get it out.
th_dunno.gif

but again, glitters aren't approved for eye use, but neither myself or my coworkers have had any problems.

Lyssah

How about the metal pigments? I really want to use silver on my lid
ssad.gif

Shoegal-fr

Quote:
Originally Posted by toxaemia
ssad.gif

Have you checked the list here on Specktra? it shows Silver as not eye safe...

Angelcorrine

Quote:
Originally Posted by toxaemia
ssad.gif

The biggest problem that I have found when using the metal pigments on my eyes is that it's nearly impossible to keep some of the pigment from flying into your eyes. I wear contacts, and the metal pigment dust clings to them and makes my vision cloudy. This does not happen with the other types of pigments.

Socialite

i use mixing medium to reduce the the amount of fall out when im using non eye safe pigments ... and my eyes are still intact

joey444

I wear all the Reflects on my eyes without a problem and also Fairylite. I didn't know they weren't eye safe but I've never had my eyes irritated so I guess I'll keep using them they way I've always done. I use a base, such as paintpots and sometimes even add a shadestick on top to prevent fall out so I don't know if maybe that's why I've never had a problem??