Pigments/Eyeshadow

Shanelle

Hey, so I purchased this Rose Gold pigment. Mac Pigment Colour Powder Rose Gold *BOX* Full Size - eBay (item 150222234881 end time Mar-10-08 19:57:06 PDT)
The seller always has this item listed and I won it in an auction for about $18.50 including shipping.
Now she had lots of Mac items up that I'm pretty positive were real. [L.E packaging ect] But now I've noticed she has some fake MAC eyeshadows up. Mac Cosmetics Eye shadow Twinks *BOX* Full Size - eBay (item 150222234475 end time Mar-10-08 19:55:35 PDT)
She has 100% positive feedback and one buyer left a neutral saying the eyeshadow she got wasn't real.

Anywayy do you think her pigments are real? Maybe she's not aware she has fakes?

Thanks.

Xqueeze_me

I'm wary of the Blue and Copperclast pigments.

She's currently selling the fake MAC "brush sets" so I'd avoid her.

"A couple of the brushes were misprinted with the numbers being the same, it does not effect the use of the brushes."

Seriously?

panda0410

Ok - so this is a first for me - this is the first fake rose gold (or for that matter any "metal") pigment I have seen. This is fake IMHO for the following reasons - firstly rose gold is a metal pigment - what is in that jar is not a true metal pigment, it doesnt even look close, it looks more like a frost. Secondly the metal pigments are much heavier than your standard frost pigments - ie they dont fill the jars (I have several full sized metals including rose gold!) and this one is quite full. I wouldnt touch it......

Xqueeze_me

Quote:
Originally Posted by panda0410
Ok - so this is a first for me - this is the first fake rose gold (or for that matter any "metal") pigment I have seen. This is fake IMHO for the following reasons - firstly rose gold is a metal pigment - what is in that jar is not a true metal pigment, it doesnt even look close, it looks more like a frost. Secondly the metal pigments are much heavier than your standard frost pigments - ie they dont fill the jars (I have several full sized metals including rose gold!) and this one is quite full. I wouldnt touch it......

I was thinking about the Rose Gold when I saw the pic earlier but I didn't comment because I only have a sample of Rose Gold pigment. I underlined those points and I was too thinking about that but needed a more *ahem* expert opinion.
winks.gif
hehehe!

But yea, in a nutshell, I would avoid this seller for the reasons posted in this thread.