Pigments = I learned the hard way!

Maryfairy

And I didn't have to because of all the precautions that have been posted here, I really should know better but I guess I'm the kind of person that doesn't believe something bad will happen until it actually happens.
So what am I talking about? Ruby Red pigment has left me with a terrible eye infection and I will be on 2 different drops for the next 2 months. I have no one to blame but myself.
So now in light of this happening I have copyed the precaution list and labeled all my pigments with what they can be used for. Yes, I have the list also sent in with the box'es but figured this will save time instead of taking the list out each time.
After 2 week's now my eye's are feeling quite better but just a word to those who do not seem to have any reactions, please take the time to really consider your eye site and eye health. As I didn't think this would happen to me either and now I know better. Our site is precious and we must treat our vision with the same gift's they have given us.
bigstar.gif

Maryfairy

Quote:
Originally Posted by singinmys0ng
i'm so sorry to hear about your eye! I will do the same and take in the precations..thanks for sharing :-D

Thank you also! I love your icon are those your lips?

matthea

Thanks for sharing!

I wont be using my bright pigment on my eyes anymore (bummer! It looks so cool!)

Alison

Get well soon. I know what a pain eye infections can be.

I'm just curious, what makes certian pigments not eye safe?

martygreene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alison
Get well soon. I know what a pain eye infections can be.

I'm just curious, what makes certian pigments not eye safe?

There's lots of info on that subject in the product safety forum- there is a lot to explain so I'd suggest reading the stickied topics there first...

Product Safety
Curious if that pigment is eye-safe? Looking for an eye-safe glitter? Find out about and discuss product precautions and reactions with martygreene.

RougedAndReady

Ugh, I'm sorry. I *just* recovered from a rabid case of pink eye that I got from a MAC makeover. My eyes burned and itched and crusted so bad... I feel your pain.

dolcediva

You got pink eye for a MAC makeover?!?! OMG! Did you tell them? Was it from product or unproperly sanitized tools and product?

Colorqueen

MAC shadows and paints make my skin burn, but the pigments do not give me problems(I speak of all of the pigments I have used not just certain ones)

I use a good heavy base under them just to be sure, but most of the shadows I had to bring back.

If I feel like I want to use a questionable pigment on my eye, I only use it rarely and with heavy base under it, and far from my eyeball.

Anything red does seem to be the worst, no matter WHAT the line of shadows. Just my personal experience. I just used an eye safe pink that nearly made me nuts with the burning and that was through a heavy base.

First time that happened and it was eyesafe and non-allergenic- so they said.

Latest posts