Pigments on Lips?

OnaFyre

How do you put them on? With a brush? Fingers? What do you use them with? Lip Balms? Lipsticks? Glosses (clear or otherwise)?

I've been experaminting a bit with different combos, but mostly I'm worried about cross-contaminating my pigments, glosses, brushes, etc., and am curoius how other people avoid that, or if they even bother.
But I know that when I run out of Pink Clash, Rose pig and some clear gloss will work in a pinch.

ette

I use a clear balm, like a potted one, such as Rosebud Salve, and then use my finger to pat the pigment on top of it.

caffn8me

Remember to check that the pigment is lip safe first. Not all are. You can use a lipglass or even water based mixing medium. Squeeze some gloss or mixing medium into a small clean dish (one of the small sample containers from M·A·C counters would be OK) and add pigment and mix it - you can use a clean cocktail stick. Then apply the mixture with a brush. This means you won't contaminate your pigment or your gloss.

If you don't have water based mixing medium then Fix+ can be used too.

Ella_

I mix a little up with clear lipglass or a lipgelee that I like, in a little sample jar. That way I can keep the shade I mixed with me all day for touchups.

I also sometimes mix pigments with lipmixes, palmers cocobutter lipbalm and a little of the all over glosses to make some really beautiful lipsticks in pot form.

My current fave is rose pig, fuschia lip mix and a little honey beige gloss mixed with the lip balm. Its the most amazing shade of shimmery muted rose / fuschia with a honey colour reflect.

queenofdisaster

i mix deckchair and rose pigment with my afterparty glitz gloss. i just dip my lipbrush in the gloss, then i do a layer of deckchair, then a layer of rose. it looks purttty...
greengrin.gif

KJam

Sometimes I mix them withe clear gloss and sometimes I just lightly dab a little in my applied lip product directly in the middle of my bottom lip for contrast. My faves are rose and ruby red (I am not sure if they're lip safe, so don't try this at home!)

electrostars

Pinked Mauve is a great color on the lips..i've only used it with blistex gloss..I haven't tried anything else yet.

user79

I don't worry too much about contamination. I always wash my face before makeup so the germs are just my own germs, no one else's. I put on gloss, and use a lipbrush to apply the pigment on top.

aziajs

I apply a lip balm and then use a clean q-tip to add pigment on top of that. I use another clean q-tip if I need to add more. Then I apply MAC clear lipglass on top. I have tried this with Blue Brown and Sunpepper

Latest posts