Pigments?

pinklips1207

I LOVE EVERYTHING THAT MAC OFFERS....BUT THEIR IS ONE THING I DON'T HAVE WHICH ARE PIGMENTS!!! I'M LOOKIN FORWARD TO BUYING MY FIRST ONE SO DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS??? I'M LOOKIN FOR SOMETHIN I COULD WEAR DAYTIME AND ONE FOR NIGHTTIME...PLEASE HELP!!!
th_dunno.gif

Heiaken

Re: Pigments???

Firts of all it would be nice if you could write wiht the caps lock of, not it appears that you are yelling wich I'm sure isn't your purpose.

I love pigments, they were the first MAC items I ever bought. I have a few full jars and then a lot more samples.
If you don't want to invest to a full jars there are ladies here who sell pigment samples, samples last for about 20-30 uses (or more) and that way you can have a better variety of colours wiht less money.

The best thing about pigments are that they are very versatile, one of my faves is Teal pigment. It's easy to make a dramatic night look when you apply it wet and team with some darkes e/s like Carbon but it's also a very pretty daytime shade when used lightly or even as and eyeliner only. My other fav is Your Ladyship pigment that I like to use as a cheeck highlight colour.

It would be helpfull if you would tell what colours you are looking (neutrals, blues, greens etc) and are you planning to use them as eyeshadow, cheeck colour, highlight, for lips etc.

aziajs

Buy one of the holiday pigment sets. It's the best way to get introduced to them and have a variety to work with.

pinklips1207

thanks ladies!!! i'm sorry bout the CAPS, i was half asleep still! i will take those advice!

Kiss and Makeup

I second the Blonde's Gold from the Overrich collection. I also really like Heritage Rouge, which is a plum color. I love Naked (shimmery skin tone/tan), Vanilla, Pink Opal, and Tan.

RoseyPosey

I LOVE Mega Rich from the new overrich collection.

Old Gold is my favorite pigment, but i have a problem matching it with other shadows to wear it. Lol.

And MELON pigment is amazing! i love it! i use it like everyday!

candycane80

I think Jardin Aire is really nice and Melon too. My faves that may be hard to find are Your Ladyship (great highlight) and Lily White. I don't think Teal pigment is a good one not really something to wear everyday IMO. Oh yeah and you should get Blonde's Gold it is a nice neutral.

Kiss and Makeup

Jardin Aires is good too, but that one's on the Goodbyes page of their website.

I just got a bunch of samples from Cheryl's Shiny Eyes. I am in LOVE with Helium and Your Ladyship.

So I'm bored and alone. I swatched some colors for you. I'm sorry, my lighting is terrible, and the pictures probably don't do the colors justice. I'll do my best to describe them (in the pot and on my skin. I'm an NC15). I tried to get the pictures as small as I could..

With flash
IMG_1676.JPG

Without flash:
IMG_1677.JPG (image)

From left to right we have Helium, Your Ladyship (thanks Cheryl!), Vanilla, Blonde's Gold, and Jardin Aires.

Helium looks light purple/pink in the pot, but goes on really sheer. It has pink undertones to it, and would be great alone or paired over other colors. I see a mix of Yogurt (flat pink) and Helium in my future.

Your Ladyship is a white/pink and goes on more white with a tint of pink. This is my favorite sample that I got.

Vanilla is white with a bit of warm undertones to it. It looks gold on me, but when a friend uses it, it turns a little more pink. This is my every day highlighter for cheeks (over strobe cream) and eyes. I love this pigment!

Blonde's Gold and Jardin Aires are really close, IMO. Blonde's Gold is more Gold, and Jardin Aires is more peach. They both have shimmer to them, and look great worn alone or with other colors. I do these as a lid more than a highlighter, just because I'm so pale. If you were of regular coloring (anything with more color than me, haha!) they'd make good highlighters. I like to wear both in the inner corner of my eye for highlight.

I hope this helps!

abbey_08

definatly get blondes gold! its such a lovely colour, iv used up loads already. its really good for day and night looks aswell.

hollyca

I order samples from makeupgeek.com. I love her! Plus they are in really neatly labeled packaging so it looks nice in your collection.

MzzRach

Quote:
Originally Posted by aziajs
Buy one of the holiday pigment sets. It's the best way to get introduced to them and have a variety to work with.

iagree.gif

KTB

Jardin Aires is a great neutral. get it while you still can. You can mix it with tons of other colours to really amp u pyour look if you want. Your Ladyship is my favourite highlighter but it's hard to find now
ssad.gif

pinklips1207

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollyca
I order samples from makeupgeek.com. I love her! Plus they are in really neatly labeled packaging so it looks nice in your collection.

hollyca, that website is amazing! thank you!!!
yahoo.gif

emeraldjewels

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamiez
hollyca, does she ship internationally?
winks.gif

Yep
thmbup.gif

I just ordered a ton of samples to be shipped to the UK

My favourite pigment is Naked, you can use it on its own for a quick neutral eye look, but it also goes with everything. Its a definite mush have for me!

Latest posts